New Guy Here My 1985 4 X 4 Chevy Scottsdale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My Shop Truck

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy Scottsdale 4 X 4
Engine Size
403 Cubic Inch Gen III Small Block Chevy
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I'm a a professional engine builder. I bought this truck as I needed something I can deliver engines and such in. I wanted something that cool and relatively easy to work on and have a ton of support. A friend of mine was selling this truck and though a 2WD truck would completely suit my needs; I couldn't pass this one up. This will ultimately be my shop truck and will give me a nice break with the tax man at the end of the year haha.

Here's the plans, I'm certainly going to LS swap it. I'm building an iron 403 Cubic Inch Gen III Small Blovk Chrvy (Most know them as a GM LS Series Engine) it will be topped off with a set of Factory LS3 heads that I ran through the CNC machine; a Holley High Ram intake manifold, Holley Dominator ECU will control the fuel, Spark and 4L80E transmission.

I'm going to do a frame off resto Mod here. Will do the interior, painless chassis harness and Digital Dash, interior work with all the goodies.

Wait... that's not all. Also in the works is a custom built twin turbo system with the turbos mounted nice and high. (I'll admit I'm doing it mostly to wow people and show case my engine building abilities)

I'm new to these trucks (though I've built several engines for customers who have put them in these trucks (all LS Engines)

Anyway I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs with three trucks and I hope I become just as helpful to you all as I'm sure you will be to me. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. I'll start a build thread when I start disassembling the truck.

Here's a picture of her as she sits now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nice truck glad to see your above water....welcome to the site. You could start a build thread in the under construction section and we could follow along.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I'm a a professional engine builder. I bought this truck as I needed something I can deliver engines and such in. I wanted something that cool and relatively easy to work on and have a ton of support. A friend of mine was selling this truck and though a 2WD truck would completely suit my needs; I couldn't pass this one up. This will ultimately be my shop truck and will give me a nice break with the tax man at the end of the year haha.

Here's the plans, I'm certainly going to LS swap it. I'm building an iron 403 Cubic Inch Gen III Small Blovk Chrvy (Most know them as a GM LS Series Engine) it will be topped off with a set of Factory LS3 heads that I ran through the CNC machine; a Holley High Ram intake manifold, Holley Dominator ECU will control the fuel, Spark and 4L80E transmission.

I'm going to do a frame off resto Mod here. Will do the interior, painless chassis harness and Digital Dash, interior work with all the goodies.

Wait... that's not all. Also in the works is a custom built twin turbo system with the turbos mounted nice and high. (I'll admit I'm doing it mostly to wow people and show case my engine building abilities)

I'm new to these trucks (though I've built several engines for customers who have put them in these trucks (all LS Engines)

Anyway I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs with three trucks and I hope I become just as helpful to you all as I'm sure you will be to me. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. I'll start a build thread when I start disassembling the truck.

Here's a picture of her as she sits now.

You must be registered for see images attach
And if you get tired of them over riders on that front bumper they would look nice on mine lol

My Shop Truck

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy Scottsdale 4 X 4
Engine Size
Nice truck glad to see your above water....welcome to the site. You could start a build thread in the under construction section and we could follow along.

I sure do appreciate it!

I was one of the lucky ones. My place and the power remained intact.

My Shop Truck

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy Scottsdale 4 X 4
Engine Size
And if you get tired of them over riders on that front bumper they would look nice on mine lol

If I ever get tired of them you will be the first one to know! Thanks!

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Very cool! My buddy is helping me rebuild my 87 GMC 4x4 and is craving a short box. Are you finding that short boxes are harder to find?

My Shop Truck

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy Scottsdale 4 X 4
Engine Size
Very cool! My buddy is helping me rebuild my 87 GMC 4x4 and is craving a short box. Are you finding that short boxes are harder to find?

Thanks!

Being in the industry / profession that I'm in, I wouldn't say I have trouble finding anything. It all boils down to what a guy / or gal wants to pay.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Thanks!

Being in the industry / profession that I'm in, I wouldn't say I have trouble finding anything. It all boils down to what a guy / or gal wants to pay.

That's very true! I might bug ya for some advice on these trucks too!

My Shop Truck

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy Scottsdale 4 X 4
Engine Size

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads