New from Salem, Oregon. restoring a '78 Sierra Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I should have told you this before but that's a very nice truck. Welcome.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome! Nice to see more local Oregon people getting on this site. For the 6x9 speaker mounting the link that craig 85 posted is the way to go.

Patrick

Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks for the comments. I ended up getting the oem 4x10 speaker brackets that echo7bravo was selling. The custom 6x9 brackets look nice also, just wanted the stock fit.

Jimmy..the quadrajet was long gone. It had an edelbrock 1406 that I replaced with a newer model. I'm going to take it off this weekend and re-check the float adjustment. I got her fired up last weekend with just a squirt of starter fluid after sitting for almost 8 months..and she ran ran..got her into the garage and got to work.

The stock fuel pipe was cut right around the thermostat and goes hose from there. Think I'll get another pipe and custom bend it out around the carb more..also got a 1/2" edelbrock spacer.

So for the updates, pulled the seat and carpet and spent a couple hours de-rusting the window channel track and re-greasing,also replaced the outer window weatherstrip, door lock cylinder and inside handle on drivers side..cant get to the pass side casue the truck barely fits in the garage. Also fixed a bad tach and oil sender wiring issue and replaced the ignition switch over the column (that was a pain). More parts on the way, headlight switch, full door weatherstrip, speakers etc. Also still need to take apart the vent ducting to fix a broken vacuum hose leak going to one of the actuators..and look for a dead mouse that may or may not be in the heater box. (there was an old mouse nest made of carpet padding in the glovebox, he got down there because the right side a/c vent tube was missing). P.S. no rust on the floorboards, rockers or cab corners..only rust is the lower edge of the fenders.

The mess before the miracle.
You must be registered for see images attach

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Welcome from Texas! Nice truck and looks like some great progress! Both my brother and sister live in Salem, one on Madrona Ave and the other on Seeger Ln!:cheers:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceyman72