Need speedometer gear drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtime53

Reaction score
First Name
Vaughn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hey guys, newbee here and have been building a 1977 GMC 4x4 and I have a problem so I hope you can help. I have a 203 transfer case and the orange round gear that runs the speedometer is bad. I ordered one from rock auto and you could put it inside of the one I have that came off of my truck. The gear that goes in the side of the trans that hooks to the cable is metal and all I can find are plastic and they are to short to reach the gear inside the transfer case. I need to know where to get the right parts. Any help would be grateful. Thanks

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Can you get pictures?

I've always had luck finding speedo gears on ebay. There are also sites like http://transmissioncenter.net/ that offer all sorts of part including those gears.

Bigtime53

Reaction score
First Name
Vaughn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I do not know how to do pictures,sorry. I am a old fart and can barely figure out how to get on this site. I did go to the website you posted and found what I needed and I want to thank you for giving me the info. I will order it tomorrow and that should get me fixed up. Thanks again

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
No problem... Glad I could be of help. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10