Need Help on Wheel Studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hillbillywillis

Reaction score
First Name
Karen
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Did a drum brake conversion on my 85 and the original 15" wheels will no longer fit, so we ordered new wheels and now the wheel studs are too short. Having a heck of a time finding new ones that are longer. Has anyone had this issue? I have ordered several sets from Summit and both are wrong. The first was the correct length but the width was too small -- ended up being wheel studs for a chevy s10. The next set were the correct length we needed, but are too big to fit into the axle. They sent us one for a Ford Mustang. Any ideas on what we need? It shouldn't be this hard. I went to a local wheel shop and they weren't any help. It's my first build so I am not very knowledgeable. THanks in advance.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
What kind of wheels did you order? If you got alloys, you should more than likely be using a shank style lugnut. If steel, shouldnt have any problems with the same old acorn nuts.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
have you contacted the people you got the conversion from. my guess is you are trying to put aluminum wheels on? do you have the correct lug nuts for the rims? highdesertranger

hillbillywillis

Reaction score
First Name
Karen
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The new wheels are alloy but the problem is that when we put on the conversion kit for the disc brakes the new wheel studs are too short to fit through everything. I'm going to go today and see if any local shops can get us fixed up. It's frustrating to order online and then find out it doesn't fit.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
If all else fails, try a wheel spacer.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
maybe I didn't explain it right. the conversion kit should have came with studs. did it? then the alloys should have come with the proper lug nuts, did they? some alloy's take special lug nuts and when you place the wheel on the studs it appears there is not enough stud but in fact with the proper nuts there is. highdesertranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squareframe