Need Bumper fitment info ASAP.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevPasmore89

Reaction score
First Name
Chev
Truck Year
Truck Model
c25
Engine Size
Hey guys, I am new to the site. I've owned my 79 gmc sierra c25 3/4ton long box for about 2 weeks now. I hate the aftermarket bumper/winch combo that is on it since its only 2wd and not a 4wd. So my question is this. I have an opportunity to trade it for an 81 Front bumper with the light sockets in the bumper and mounting brackets. Just wondering if it will be a direct bolt on to my 79 or are the brackets different?? needed answer asap.
Thanks.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Hey guys, I am new to the site. I've owned my 79 gmc sierra c25 3/4ton long box for about 2 weeks now. I hate the aftermarket bumper/winch combo that is on it since its only 2wd and not a 4wd. So my question is this. I have an opportunity to trade it for an 81 Front bumper with the light sockets in the bumper and mounting brackets. Just wondering if it will be a direct bolt on to my 79 or are the brackets different?? needed answer asap.
Thanks.

No that is not the correct bumper for your 79' and there is a difference in the frame horns between the 2 types.

Im sure you can make it work but you will have to modify.

Im thinking that if you get the frame horn ends with the bumper that you might be able to make it work with out too much trouble.

ChevPasmore89

Reaction score
First Name
Chev
Truck Year
Truck Model
c25
Engine Size
No that is not the correct bumper for your 79' and there is a difference in the frame horns between the 2 types.

Im sure you can make it work but you will have to modify.

Im thinking that if you get the frame horn ends with the bumper that you might be able to make it work with out too much trouble.

All right, thanks. Didn't want to have to do modifying as I am trying to keep it all original. Much appreciated. Thanks again.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All right, thanks. Didn't want to have to do modifying as I am trying to keep it all original. Much appreciated. Thanks again.

The later model bumpers don't suit the lines on the 73-80 trucks.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Check to be sure the previous owner didn't hack up the frame horns when they installed the aftermarket bumper. You may need more than just a bumper if they did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64