Mystery vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
It could definitely be the roads, it kinda sounds like It could be something in a differential maybe, but usually interstate isn't very smooth wherever you go ha I know I've felt vibration on interstate but highway it would be perfect. Check u joints and see if there's any play in the pinion shaft on the diffs.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
I did rebuild the diff. I don't remember the vibration before. There is no noise, and when i drained the break in oil everything looked great.

Could it be my general grabber at2's? They are relatively aggressive, but i just thought that would make them noisy?

fallguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
Well I had it in the shop. Here's what I know. My front tires were a bit out of balance. And my ball joints on the drivers side are bad and not as bad but still not good on the passenger side. I had they jack it up so I could verify...drivers side does move back and forth from top to bottom.

Now explain this to me please.....

How do 1 year old Moog greasable ball joints go bad in a year with highway driving!?!

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I did rebuild the diff. I don't remember the vibration before. There is no noise, and when i drained the break in oil everything looked great.

Could it be my general grabber at2's? They are relatively aggressive, but i just thought that would make them noisy?

When my diff went out I had a vibration, the noise from it was loud enough to hear it if everything was quiet, and all of the bearings ended up being screwed the pinion shaft wiggled in the diff. It was almost a slow pulsating sound. Maybe the pinion depth wasnt set tight enough? Just throwing out ideas

It could be the tires there would be a noise but bigger tires are harder to balance so I would probably get that checked. Maybe they didn't get balanced good enough

Nick.koehler6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 5.7L
Well I had it in the shop. Here's what I know. My front tires were a bit out of balance. And my ball joints on the drivers side are bad and not as bad but still not good on the passenger side. I had they jack it up so I could verify...drivers side does move back and forth from top to bottom.

Now explain this to me please.....

How do 1 year old Moog greasable ball joints go bad in a year with highway driving!?!

It could be your hub bolt. You have to take apart the lock-in hub. Then there is a snapring inside. Take the snap ring out. Put two of the lock-in bolts in and pull out the inside of the lock-in hub. There will be two "Bolts" But you need a special socket to tighten them.(I used a screw driver) and that took my play out..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eri24