Michigan metal works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shields

Reaction score
First Name
Dayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey all. Has anyone had any experience with the flat plate uppers from Michigan metal works?

http://michiganmetalworks.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_65&product_id=82

They seem like really well built units and they're pretty light on the wallet so long as you don't get the cross shaft with it. I'm looking to replace my uppers with tubular, and I had the CPP uppers in mind. I will be running a stock re-bushed and re-ball jointed lower control arm. Belltech 3" drop spindles and 1" drop springs.

Supersoaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0 ls
following as I plan on the same set up :) bell 3" & 1"
rebuild or replace

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'm going with CPP uppers and lowers on mine..

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
My friend just installed upper and lower ca's from Mmetalworks and they worked out great. High quality stuff imo and priced fair too.

As far as the spindles go, I went with McGaughy rather then Belltech. The last Belltech set I had were cast incorrectly ( the driver side caliper mounting holes were off..and they didn't offer to replace. Instead they claimed to have never heard of the issue before and left ME to modify them. Kinda interesting. ..since spindles for squares are fairly common. A custom build shop is just a few miles from my house and they sell McGaughy hardware so picking up a correctly built spindle was easy. McGaughy's are more $$....but they are made correctly and better quality imo.

I have a 2" drop spindle, 3 " coil....and a flip kit/drop shackle out back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507