low hvac airflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
k10 silverado, k10 suburban
Engine Size
i know these trucks have always had a random issue with airflow...and my 82 suburban suffers from this when switched to the 'vent'...

when on floor it blows hard and strong...but not on vent.

is there a cabin air filter somewhere that could be stopped up? i assume the same fan supplies the vents as floor so i don't think the fan is failing?

are there common places in the ducting that air can or will leak?

my ac doesn't work..i don't know why as of yet. but when it starts to get a little warmer I'm going to look into it.

any advice would be great
thanks

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
my best advise would be to just check ALL the connestions of your duct work, for addedsecurity you can go to the local home depot or what ever you have and get a roll of weatherstrip tape. It is a rubber adhesive membrain with foil backing which you can wrap all your connections with and be sealed up to where it blows the same on all settings gl.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
Engine Size
thanks.

i thought of this...im going to be replacing the dash pad in the near future so i'll probably do it then.

All of the ducting can be accessed via under the dash correct?

from glancing it seems fairly easy to get to without ripping the entire dash out...or am i mistaken?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
thanks.

i thought of this...im going to be replacing the dash pad in the near future so i'll probably do it then.

All of the ducting can be accessed via under the dash correct?

from glancing it seems fairly easy to get to without ripping the entire dash out...or am i mistaken?

luckilly you can get to all of it from underneith. The dash pad itself is the only thing you can unbolt. the dash itself is welded in.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
Engine Size
luckilly you can get to all of it from underneith. The dash pad itself is the only thing you can unbolt. the dash itself is welded in.

thats good...i highly doubt i'll ever need the dash itself out...the trim and dash pad will be about it...the dash pad on my burb isnt nearly as bad as my 84 k10...i can nearly stick my damn arm through..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gage T