Looking for a small lift and decent ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys,
Looking through the threads, and haven't come across any with the small lifts (2" or so) on the half tons. I would like to keep ride quality near the same or better. Yes I know it's a truck and should ride like a truck. But I don't want the ride of a dump truck. I have heard and read that the Rough Country lifts are just that, rough. Superlift seems to be about where I am going for.

Here is what I am after with the lift.

I would like to sit on 33" tires. Nothing too crazy, I like the look of a clean smooth truck. It's my weekend truck not a daily driver.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
You want plush go for the EZ Rides up front and depending on the sag in the rear a shackle flip would work for you. 4" should clear 33s with out rubbing with the correct offset wheels. Check out http://offroaddesign.com/ and I think they can get you flying straight.

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Awesome, thanks 88. My cousin has a k20 with a 6" lift and it feels like there is no suspension. I am really trying to stay away from that. I'd like to be between modern day silverado's and a dump truck. LOL

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
No problem. I don't mind a dump truck ride. I think all of my 4wds over the years have all been fork lifts.

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
You reach a limit of smoothness with a solid front axle and especially with leaf springs in the front - that makes a huge difference on how smooth of a ride you will ever be able to get, even with soft shocks. Just know that going in, so you won't be disappointed...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Some brands of springs are overly stiff, it doesn't bother some people. But other brands like Tuff Country and BDS ride very well, like stock or better. Some people say Superlift springs ride bad too, but mine ride great. It's a long wheelbase big block truck though, maybe it would be much rougher if it were a small block shortbed or K5.

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
awesome fellas. I was looking at the BDS and Superlift kits. I think I'll be happy with either of the two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68