Location of cowl drains?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Assuming on the outer region of the undercowl area, where are they accessed? From underneath? Is there a rubber drain or just a channel between panels? Thanks!

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
on my 1990 burb you have to remove a little plastic cover piece behind the fender opening from underneath to access the drains to clean them out. there may also be a little foam piece you have to pull out of the way to reach up and clean them out. I've done mine once and it was a flush, clean, flush, clean process until you don't flush any more stuff out. if you pour some water into the cowl, you ought to be able to figure out where they drain to.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
on my 1990 burb you have to remove a little plastic cover piece behind the fender opening from underneath to access the drains to clean them out. there may also be a little foam piece you have to pull out of the way to reach up and clean them out. I've done mine once and it was a flush, clean, flush, clean process until you don't flush any more stuff out. if you pour some water into the cowl, you ought to be able to figure out where they drain to.
That will give me something to go on. Thanks!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Yup what he said. Are yours totally plugged or can you chase the drips?

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
once they start to get too plugged up with stuff and drain slow, water will start to come in the cab above the kick panel during heavy rain, or at least that's why I cleaned mine a couple years ago

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78