LMC Truck LED Tail Lights - How To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Retro, another mod I thought about that you might be interested in applying to a square are the back up sensors. I thought about it last night while driving the wife's burb. I think that'd be a pretty cool mod to put on a K5 or Burb because of their blind spots when backing up :)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Retro, another mod I thought about that you might be interested in applying to a square are the back up sensors. I thought about it last night while driving the wife's burb. I think that'd be a pretty cool mod to put on a K5 or Burb because of their blind spots when backing up :)
You must be registered for see images

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Great install and write up! I noticed that when you re-installed your lens, it didn't sit as straight as in the pre-installation pic. Anyone know why this is? I installed new lenses from LMC and I'm having the same problem except mine are kinda cocked AND one side of each lens has a big gap all the way around it like it's not screwed on. I dug the old lens out of the trash and it had the same fitment issue.

I'm almost certain the housings were removed to change out the corner trim pieces below the light. I tried to see if there was any way the housing installation could be the problem, but since there's just the four holes in the body steel to bolt them to, I don't see how. There's really no adjustment. It's not extrememly noticeable I guess, but it's bugging the crap outta me. I bought the lenses w/out the chrome trim because I think it looks a little cleaner. That may be exxaggerating the problem a bit too. I don't think it's accounting for the almost 1/2" gap though.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Dhamp, I see exactly what you mean. Those are way the hell off center, have you tried putting some washers on the bottom inside screw to shim it out a little bit?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hmmmm, I am more of a hands on guy, and if you don't beleive me, just ask the girls. So I am not following along here to well to be able to advise on this issue. Got me stumped and feeling helpless. That doesn't happen often but I sure don't like it !!!

76GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Geek
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Those look nice! I'm a big fan of LED lights!

Next up, someone figure out how to put in HID's for reverse bulbs!

mike6187

Reaction score
First Name
Mike Anderson
Truck Year
n/a
Truck Model
n/a
Engine Size
n/a
Great write up with clear step-by-step pictures. job well done :favorites13:
Actually I just got my new LED tail lights, and was about to install it. Well, I'll make this write up as my guide.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Great write up with clear step-by-step pictures. job well done :favorites13:
Actually I just got my new LED tail lights, and was about to install it. Well, I'll make this write up as my guide.

Welcome to GMSB Mike. Thanks for the participation !!! Glad to have you here and hope to hear more from you. If not mistaken, right off the top of my head, you might be our first Floridian !!! :waytogo:

So as you do your LED install, any other tips or experience you want to add, feel free to post up. We also like pic ****** here too, so if you want to post up pics of your truck or some of your own work, feel free to fire up a thread or an album of your own. :wave:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666