Lets see your cell phone mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
That led me to a good search, I know a company called RAM mounts makes the cup holder mounts. They also make all types of tech mounts for police cars, boat fish finders, Etc.

While searching RAM Mounts I found this, it suposed to bolt to the floor using the seat rail bolts on a bucket seat. I might consider doing something like this bolted to the trans tunnel.

You must be registered for see images attach

Let us know how it works, I wasn't kidding about my c10 lol, I'd love to mount My phone somewhere so I can watch a GPS speedo, mine only goes up to 100mph. Idk how fast I am after that unless I read rpms.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Let us know how it works, I wasn't kidding about my c10 lol, I'd love to mount My phone somewhere so I can watch a GPS speedo, mine only goes up to 100mph. Idk how fast I am after that unless I read rpms.
You got it... it will be a few months at least before I'm doing the interior though heres what the truck looks like now

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is mine with a bench seat. I got a otter box case and just took the clip off and attached it to a piece of metal and screwed it to the dash were there was a cb mount at one time. Sorry only picture I got and truck is in pieces right now.
What the hell do all those switches control:oops::33::Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:. Do have hydraulics, or those LEDs on your wheels or on the frame or something?:Big Laugh:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
I generally just keep mine in my shirt pocket or pocket on my jeans. I believe in paying attention to the road and my driving when the vehicle is in motion and not worrying about my ******' cell phone when it rings or I get a notification! Really don't want to go to prison for a lack of paying attention and causing a accident and injuring or killing myself or someone else because of a stupid phone call or text that can be taken care of later!! But to each his own.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Oh in my c10 with a bench seat..... it doesn't matter, once I whip it sideways everyone flies over to one side of the truck hahahahaha

But have you seen those cup holders that go in place of the ash tray? It's like 1 molded or 3D printed piece.

They might make something like that for a phone
You will have to get one of those then the cup thing that goes into the cigarette lighter like you say, then one of those cup holder things that goes in your cup holder that holds your cellphone:Big Laugh:. Then you will have about $60 in cup holders and cell phone holders.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Get one of those windshield suction things. There like $2-3 on ebay. They work good. The one I had lasted about a year before it broke apart. Suction cup stays on for weeks or months before it needs to be reattached.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I generally just keep mine in my shirt pocket or pocket on my jeans. I believe in paying attention to the road and my driving when the vehicle is in motion and not worrying about my ******' cell phone when it rings or I get a notification! Really don't want to go to prison for a lack of paying attention and causing a accident and injuring or killing myself or someone else because of a stupid phone call or text that can be taken care of later!! But to each his own.
I totally agree with that statement however I do use the handsfree calling and texting quite a bit in my late model cars. Thats the kind of tech i'm going to add as I restore my old truck. I also like to be able to have my phone mounted somewhere secure when its plugged into the car to be synced and also charging. Thats why I'm searching for the perfect mounting solution.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Well, I'm always using my phone for something, in the truck it's mainly for playing music as I have radio that supports that. So for a long time I'd just plug it into the radio and lay the phone on the seat next to me. No big deal to have it sitting there if you're not planning to use the screen while driving. We have a few standalone Garmin GPS units, but one day I didn't have it in the truck and needed it. So I used my phone. I have one of those phone cases that has the flip out kick stands, turns out my phone sideways fits perfectly on the dash, against the windshield and with the kick stand out it'll hold it in place pretty good. I no longer take a GPS in the truck ever. It stays put there just fine for me. No physical attachment.

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Its not 100% accurate but https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNHGRZ9/ this was accurate to a few miles for normal use and its surprisingly handy. it has a 0-60 and quarter mile feature IIRC.. lol.. but its just a cigarette lighter plug in, phone is good too but this thing is worth the use for somethingn if it ever have speedo fail or somethin lol

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Yes butt how do you use that in the square, please describe in detail....
Well that is easy to figure out. She kneels on the seat, bent over the steering wheel, arms propped on the dash so not to hinder free movement of the steering wheel.
You, one hand on the wheel, the other on a Knob, answer the phone with your tongue. :bleh:

radio2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
83 and 88
Truck Model
83 C10 and 88 R10 Burb
Engine Size
This is mine with a bench seat. I got a otter box case and just took the clip off and attached it to a piece of metal and screwed it to the dash were there was a cb mount at one time. Sorry only picture I got and truck is in pieces right now.
what's all of the wiring/switches for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76