Lets hear some big blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
454(460) is about done at the block shop so ill be droppin her in in a month or so i figured a few of you guys have already figured out what exhaust sounds best in your opinion and id like to hear them if you woudnt mind a lil idle and rev would be great!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'll get you a vid clip of mine this week. LOVE how mine sounds

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well, no sound yet since the truck is still in pieces,lol, but I will be using Hedman headers on a 468, 2 1/2" pipe with crossover into Flowmaster 50 series 3 chamber mufflers, tailpipes exiting behind the rear tires. I had this setup on my dually and it worked great, had a great sound when you got on it but at cruise you'd barely hear a hum, and I also picked up a bit on power and mileage, so I figured it should work the c-10 also.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Ok so I have an untouched 454 with the mini-header style manifolds, and 2.5" true-duals.

This vid was shot with a set of no-name chambered mufflers dumping before the diff:

http://vid268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/Da_Raabi/VIDEO0014_zps7f090f03.mp4

This was after I cut said no-name mufflers off:

http://vid268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/Da_Raabi/VIDEO0015_zpse8e2078b.mp4

And finally flowmaster super 44s with tailpipes out to the bed corners:

http://vid268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/Da_Raabi/VIDEO0016_zps9fcb9398.mp4

Sorry the vids do not capture the base of any of these.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
The 44's are loud I have them on my beater with small block, even with a crossover they still bark.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
The 44's are loud I have them on my beater with small block, even with a crossover they still bark.

Yes they are, but not as bad with full tail pipes, keeping the mufflers mounted as far back as possible. The no-name chambered I had were massively louder, but I think a lot of that had to do with dumping in front of the diff.

Believe it or not, rotating the exhaust tips slightly made a noticeable difference the volume of sound in the cab. So if you like the sound of a 44 or something like it, little stuff like that can make it a lot easier on the ears.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yes they are, but not as bad with full tail pipes, keeping the mufflers mounted as far back as possible. The no-name chambered I had were massively louder, but I think a lot of that had to do with dumping in front of the diff.

Believe it or not, rotating the exhaust tips slightly made a noticeable difference the volume of sound in the cab. So if you like the sound of a 44 or something like it, little stuff like that can make it a lot easier on the ears.
Yes indeed, placement and routing of pipes can make a world of difference in the cab, but still loud outside. I got the 44's because they were on the truck when I bought it, and the dork just had them hooked right up to the headers and not even any tips, sitting in the cab you may as well be sitting inside the muffler, LOL, I moved the mufflers all the way back to the diff and put down tips and a crossover, it's actually not too bad in the cab cruising down the road, but still barks like hell when you hammer it. I like the 50 series 3 chamber myself, has a deep throaty sound when you get on it but nice and quiet in the cab.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Anyone know of a good fitting header thatll fit in my 87 3/4 ton dont want fitting issuies or to thin that they'll rot in a couple yrs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag