Leaf Spring ording

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I ordered some custom ORD front springs a few days ago. Unfortunately since they are custom made I got an email that says they will be delivered in 4-6 weeks.
I was hoping it would be quick- and I can verify how much lift these new springs will actually give me then I was going to adjust the rear to match. (should be around 2")

Reading this thread made me think and a bit the bullet- I just ordered some springs from Rock Auto for a great price.

I'm changing from:
52" spring 6+1, 2775 lb load rating, 2.7" pack thickness. 4.75" free arch to a:

56" spring 8+1, 2600 lb load rating, 3.1875" pack thickness. 6.25" free arch

Not knowing at all how much my old springs have sagged makes this difficult. I'm planning on the ORD 2.5" shackle flip and removing my 3" blocks. I want the axle to be centered so think I will need the axle centering plate or the zero offset block. I'm hoping for it to be 4"-5" of lift.

It should ride a bit smoother but I really have no idea how much better. I still haul weight from time to time and also haul a 5th wheel. That is why I wasn't a big fan of the 4" shackle flip. Not to mention some of the trails I go on have steep dropoffs and I slam my rear bumper when going off of the drop. With the 4" shackle flip the leaf springs are more exposed down below...

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
I have ORD custom springs (6") on my k5. theyre worth the money and the wait. they have more leafs than stock and the ride quality is insanely different (better). it can take bumps, flex, handle, a million times better. the only downfall is the $$. FYi make sure to check the leaf spring guide pin before you install. mine must have taken a hit furing shipping and mushroomed the pin out some..i had to file a hair off of it to let it seat in the perch.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub