Leaf Spring hangers- Where to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
We took some measurements this weekend and the left rear hanger is bent out of square (out away from the frame and forward) by almost 3/4". it's forcing the shackle crooked and the axle forward. I know it's hard to tell by these pictures i originally posted but when you stand behind the truck in the driveway and look in at each of them from behind it's pretty black and white. I don't think a phone picture from behind will show it in enough detail. If you go up to the pictures above showing the hangers and bolts from the underside looking directly up at them you can see that even the riveted backing plate that comes down from the frame and the bottom bolt goes through the hanger and through it is also twisted. We're thinking at some point in it's life it was hit pretty hard from behind.

I flipped the pic on it's side so it might be a little better to see, line up the bolt heads and threads with the underbed support rails and you can see the top shackle bolt is in line with them but the bolt on the bottom of the hanger is crooked to them. (only pics I had on my phone at the moment were the ones I took last week). Going to fabricate a new set at some point soon. I knew it always had a little issue that would need addressed at some point, but after a buddy of mine sent me a pic of the truck from behind while I was going down the highway did I realize it's it's a little bigger issue than I originally thought. So now that it's in my head I can't let it go. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Woah. Yeah that first picture there really tells the tale of what's bent.

A frame shop could fix that easily.