It's out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Got my tired th350 out ready for a rebuild. Only took 2.5 hours and I managed to not get any fluid on myself.

You must be registered for see images attach
Is there a murder scene under the truck??? There has to be or you didn’t do it right.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
You use just the two jack stands to get it up in the air? Also, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your henhouse, but it looks like you've got a sealed beam that needs a good bit of adjusting.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You use just the two jack stands to get it up in the air? Also, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your henhouse, but it looks like you've got a sealed beam that needs a good bit of adjusting.
I’m gonna go with the plastic jigger is busted.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I’m gonna go with the plastic jigger is busted.

That makes sense. The parts stores sell a pair of them, but the reviews are somewhere between sucks and mediocre. That part number is Dorman 42119. I read one review that says they installed them from behind, and it worked out just fine. Goodmark also has them, and that number is GMKHWB2108. I would imagine the quality on those is superior, but those look like a discontinued item. RockAuto still has a limited number in stock, though.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Good job. :cheers: Now tell me your secret, how to do that with no fluid on you? I'm generally covered head to toe. That is comparable to me cleaning the guns I used to have without getting any Hoppe's #9 on me! Just not possible for me to do.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
That makes sense. The parts stores sell a pair of them, but the reviews are somewhere between sucks and mediocre. That part number is Dorman 42119. I read one review that says they installed them from behind, and it worked out just fine. Goodmark also has them, and that number is GMKHWB2108. I would imagine the quality on those is superior, but those look like a discontinued item. RockAuto still has a limited number in stock, though.
I have bought them off ebay at 12.00 for a set of eight. Changed the damaged ones out over 2 years ago and still good to go and still have spares.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
If you didn't get fluid on you, there was none in it to start with. There's your problem right there.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Bought hte plastic jiggers from parts store havent had a problem with them.

Looks like the driveway is on a slope so he may have had the ATF in tranny torwards the front or be level instead of leaning back like we are so used to and causes the murder scenes.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Where’s the converter? If it’s still attached to the flex plate there is still hope. Lol

bman1985

Reaction score
First Name
Brendon
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Thanks for the part numbers for the headlight parts! That's an added bonus, I hadn't had time to mess with them yet, it has been bothering me though.

I used 4 jack stands the other 2 aren't in the picture.

The converter fell off when I pulled the trans out from under the truck. I had to tip it forward to clear the frame because my big jack quit working. That did cause the murder scene spill. Otherwise I would have had nothing but a few drips from disconnecting the cooler lines !

I have an oil change pump I use to suck the oil up through the dipstick tube when I change my boat oil. I used that to pump out the transmission fluid before I took it out. Then I didn't have to drop the pan avoiding that whole mess. So snoots was right about there being no fluid but, that's not what broke it.

Now if my harbor freight jack didn't let me down I wouldn't have had to scrub transmission fluid off my driveway! I lifted the front and back of the truck onto jack stands, lifted the front back off the stands then when I went to lift the rear it wouldn't lift any weight. Weird right ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyHansen