Interior upgraded after surfing old posts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Alright, got bored today at work and read some old posts of interiors and got inspired. Came home and ripped out the bucket seats and console from a parts 91 suburban and overhead console. I still have some parts I'm gonna swipe from it yet but it's almost bare boned. Anyway here's some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 122

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Damnit, it's sideways

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 121

Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Looks exactly like my '85. Took mine out of an older Blazer. Red high backs and red console. Like it a lot better than the bench. Good job.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
The overhead console

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 106

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
So now I took the engine, tranny, loaded core support, ac, seats, consoles, bumpers, radio, tires and wheels and rear axle from the 91 burb. I still wanna grab the steering wheel (not sure if I need the whole column, assuming just wheel) and debating power door locks and possibly windows from it too. I only paid a grand for the burb and I think I can still sell the rest if the seats and other parts and scrap the rest for a few hundred bucks. Good investment I just feel bad for the burb, it was tagged inspected good running truck and I ripped her apart for transplants.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Thanks thunder, I think the guy I bought the suburban from told me they were actually out of a k5. The console is black, I may get some duplicolor later but for now I don't mind the contrast.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Looks good! I have a set of buckets like that I need to put in my truck, but I can't get excited about building brackets. I guess I don't have a center console yet either.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I understand that stroked, I'm going to try to heat and bend the bracket that's already on there, the front bend is correct, it's just the back that is off.

Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
I used two sets of bench seat brackets to mount mine. Had to build a spacer for the right front to level the seat.( left front on passenger seat.)

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Did the driver seat yesterday, your exactly right, used the two brackets from the bench seat but need to add spacer. Going to check the back seats in the suburban to see if the brackets are even close for the passenger. If not looks like some flatbar would be easy enough to bend and make work.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
The overhead console

Would you like to take the time to share on how to do that mod? I did not think a Burb OHC was that short in a standard cab to fit like that. Looks good. Did you use the original Burb mounting bracket to mount that? What kind of headliner mods did you have to do to do that? Huh? Huh? :happy160:

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Lol 89, you are correct. I had to cut the ohc. I wanted to leave both of the sliding door cubby holes but no matter which direction I measured from the cut ended up in the middle of one of those sliding doors. I cut it at one of the seams so it wouldn't look that obvious. I was going to use the bracket from the burb but looks like the roof was totally different (the burb had rails from side to side to mount to). I removed a few bolts on the ohc to remove the black plastic piece from the maroon and simply found the correct length screw to go through the plastic into the metal of the roof (first layer). I went through headliner and all. Reinstalled plastic piece and walla! I'll get some pics.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Here's the part I cut off, I chose this side to cut off so I'd still have all the map lights on the other part.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 108

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
And here's how I separated the two, after I did this I just screwed through the maroon plastic and headliner into the cab roof. Then put the black piece back on and you can't see the screw holes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 98

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky