Interior paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
What are most of y'all using for interior paint on plastic pieces and where is a good place to buy from I'm trying to find something close to the original burgundy they used in 76 for my blazer interior restoration since most of the aftermarket pieces come in black and my door panels I got for this project are green.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I've been using spray paint made for vinyl that way I can paint both plastic and vinyl.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
They say SEM products are the best.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Where can sem be obtained?

bedwards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverado
Engine Size
Local independent auto parts store had SEM here in Birmingham. Good paint, covered well, stayed put for years so far. Follow directions and clean the vinyl well first. If you can't find it, Amazon has SEM but might be harder to match colors on line.

bedwards

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Most auto upholstery supply stores carry SEM as well....that's where I picked up mine for both my Duramax and the squarebody. The colors are factory matched and hold up extremely well as compared to the big box store aerosol products. Wipe down the surface with rubbing alcohol as a prep. No matter what product you use, surface wax, grease or oil will cause adhesion issues.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
As far as my prep...all i used was rubbung alcohol and a lint free towel to wipe down the plastic Interior pieces prior to applying the SEM paint...several light coats instead of one heavy will look the best. I left the painted parts outside to dry for a few hours in the sun. The SEM also works great on metal surfaces as well. I applied some on the metal roof trim pieces that hold the headliner in place as well as the door arm rest handles and the sunvisors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef