Interior/Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AustinDube

1976 Chevy K10 Custom Deluxe
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
5.7L 350
Wondering if its possible to wire one of them fancy touch screen radios in my k10? anyone think so?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
You could but where are you going to put it? I was thinking about it 2 years ago. the only thing I could come up with for a double DIN radio was building a console that would allow easy access to transfer case shifter.

AustinDube

1976 Chevy K10 Custom Deluxe
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
5.7L 350

willhucks29

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
was gonna do some cutting and put it where the factory one goes, want to get a 7in retractable screen one

Heres the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391432349317

By the look of that radio you might be able to just cut the dash and fold the metal back instead of completely removing it. You will also have to cut the dash bezel but when it comes to the wiring it should be the same I think. Instead of butchering the factory harness, Just go down to your local walmart and pick up a 73-91 radio adapter harness that is plug and go other than the wiring to the radio.

Sublime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
m
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Wondering if its possible to wire one of them fancy touch screen radios in my k10? anyone think so?

Give you an idea of what it looks like

You must be registered for see images

Jukes14

Reaction score
First Name
Brody
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
6.0L
Give you an idea of what it looks like

Hey, what did you have to do to get it to fit in there like that i may ask? Also whats the model of stereo you're using? Thanks

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That is nice.

Sublime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
m
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks, its a Boss BV9976B single din with a 7" touch screen. There are better stereos like this out there but this one was perfect for me. I had an issue with it losing memory and they replaced it without question. Nice support for this day an age. Not sure if all flip screens are adjustable. This one is adjustable and allows you to adjust how far the screen opens so it does not hit the dash. Instillation was not difficult, just have to square out the existing radio slot (including the metal of the dash). just take your time. I also purchased a trim plate kit but did not need it. I added a license plate back-up camera and love it.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sounds like a real nice piece gonna have to look into it, may get a couple of them..

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
Thanks, its a Boss BV9976B single din with a 7" touch screen. There are better stereos like this out there but this one was perfect for me. I had an issue with it losing memory and they replaced it without question. Nice support for this day an age. Not sure if all flip screens are adjustable. This one is adjustable and allows you to adjust how far the screen opens so it does not hit the dash. Instillation was not difficult, just have to square out the existing radio slot (including the metal of the dash). just take your time. I also purchased a trim plate kit but did not need it. I added a license plate back-up camera and love it.

What size is the opening you had to make?

I really like that and have been planning into looking into something exactly like this.. I like the ability to have a back up camera....

Someone who owned this truck before me already cut out the bezel to accept a regular sized car stereo, so I'm hoping to find a replacement that does what I want without further modifying things... (standard sized opening)

I want it to have a pop out screen, ability to use a backup camera, USB and bluetooth (or WiFi) capable...

How is selecting songs from a flash drive? I have a USB car stereo set up out on my screened porch (also a Boss) that was like 30 bucks new.. But you have to scroll through the flash drive a directory at a time and wait to hear what it is, before going one more...

I would love something that allows me to easily look through all the music on it and then choose what I want, and if it allowed me to create a 'que' that would be even better.. This is why I also want bluetooth functionality...

Like the price too...
:cheers:

Sublime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
m
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Normal size single din size, but you will have to cut if you currently have a knob radio.
Sorry but have never used the flash drive so I don't know :(

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
Normal size single din size, but you will have to cut if you currently have a knob radio.

Previous owner already did that for the current stereo...

Sorry but have never used the flash drive so I don't know :(

I bet the manual is available on line and I can find out for myself.. maybe (depending on how good the manual is at explaining itself)

:cheers:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack253