In the throes of completion SQUAREMAX L5P

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yeah, at least throw out there a pic or five.
Welcome to the forum.

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
I’ll second that let’s see it.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Like @AuroraGirl said, "just like my father, drop a load and disappear".
Pretty sure it was drop a load and dash or some other equally weighted verb

also my father didn’t do that I think i was talking either in a joke or a general sense LOL
My dad is 5 minutes away unless he works indoor today. He’s a bricklayer. Well more stone masonry the last few years the brick was mostly in the union days. Poooour that concrete. Lots of pouring. You ever watch concrete dry? **** is fascinating as a kid I only spent far too many hours watching lol:D

I always try and take in and ask questions his career of 30 years or so now teaches even if I’m not going to go into it. Learn a lot of structure basics and things even a “pro” may not know and at least understand a lot of basics when it was all free and given in an enthusiastic manner

my uncle, his brother, is a carpenter lol
that helps a lot too since he’s very enthusiastic with his wood

wait…:eek:

that sounded bad

Reallll bad

o_O

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Almost done with a stand-alone L5P, w/Allison 6 speed into 1986 M1008 CUCV. It now runs. More to follow.
We called your bluff, magic man.
If you can prove us impatient by all means prove away

That means prove your cucv and show us all the nice and cool things it’s got and any tricks or tips on your swap

plz

Rick Shootist

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.6 D-Max
Tips:

Don't do it. Use an LML. Just do a CP4 swap first and be happy.

I will probably never be able to push all the air the L5P can handle because of the turbo configuration. My desire to go with the super strong and more potent new configuration cost me more than you could set up an earlier one and get more power. I kept the catalytic converter, etc.

A 3" body lift is an absolute must as the L5P is more than 3" taller than previous gens.

I did not personally do 90% the work, but spent a $H_T ton. I still have a lot of work left to do.

Used a custom built NP205 with twin sticks behind the Allison. The Allison output changed in 2017 too and caused extra pain and expense. Stuck with the 2:1 low range as I don't do rockcrawling.

ORD front springs and crossover, w/ 2wd steering box from ORD. ORD Shackle flip rear.

I'm paranoid for good reason (Diesel Brothers?), so I will be circumspect about what all I share. It is running the factory ECU.

Keeping the 4:56 gears as when I put 37's on it that will be ideal in 6th gear. Detroit Locker in the rear from factory, open front. Wish it had a geared torsion LSD, but maybe someday.

Vintage Air using the new compressor.

Truck has 59k miles, drivetrain has 17k from a rolled 2017. 2 years in progress to date.

Rick Shootist

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.6 D-Max
This wasn't my first post, lol. The others were just two years old or more.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad