Howdy from Oklahoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
I don't think it's a cam, pretty sure the choke could use an adjustment. It starts out nice and smooth cold start then start loping. A sign of very rich. I'd imagine as soon as the choke comes off it smoothes back out.
I think you're correct. Only does it after sitting overnight on cool nights. Runs fine if it stayed above 60 or so that night.

How would I adjust the choke?
Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That paint color looks to be a perfect match. Where did you get the paint? Do you have a code for the color? My K5 was originally the same colors as your truck. But it's been rattle canned. So I don't have to do the door jambs and underhood, I was thinking of going back with the original tan and skip the apple red through the center to be something like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think you're correct. Only does it after sitting overnight on cool nights. Runs fine if it stayed above 60 or so that night.

How would I adjust the choke?
It looked like had an E choke Eddy carb on it. Maybe loosen the choke dial and back it off 1 notch if you're worried about it. It's jus a tight thermal spring. Adjusting it a bit might work, just not to much or you'll lose that easy start up that it has now which is hard to get in a cold natured big block.

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
That paint color looks to be a perfect match. Where did you get the paint? Do you have a code for the color? My K5 was originally the same colors as your truck. But it's been rattle canned. So I don't have to do the door jambs and underhood, I was thinking of going back with the original tan and skip the apple red through the center to be something like this.

Honestly, it's a Sherwin Williams color match. They came and used their camera. It's very close to my truck. Close enough for a toolbox anyway. I'll probably paint a headache rack to match as well. I haven't decided yet if it's something I'd use on the body, but it's supposed to be heavy duty paint for metal implements. I have a cousin in the body shop business and this is how he recommended I do it.

I can get you the paint code tomorrow.

That blazer makes a beautiful pair with my truck. I usually really dislike red vehicles, but I like the red two tone a lot. It's growing on me.

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
It looked like had an E choke Eddy carb on it. Maybe loosen the choke dial and back it off 1 notch if you're worried about it. It's jus a tight thermal spring. Adjusting it a bit might work, just not to much or you'll lose that easy start up that it has now which is hard to get in a cold natured big block.
Awesome, thanks. I'll try that and see how she does.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Honestly, it's a Sherwin Williams color match. They came and used their camera. It's very close to my truck. Close enough for a toolbox anyway. I'll probably paint a headache rack to match as well. I haven't decided yet if it's something I'd use on the body, but it's supposed to be heavy duty paint for metal implements. I have a cousin in the body shop business and this is how he recommended I do it.

I can get you the paint code tomorrow.

That blazer makes a beautiful pair with my truck. I usually really dislike red vehicles, but I like the red two tone a lot. It's growing on me.

I won't be doing the red again, just the main color. I'd imagine I could so the same with the paint then if that's what you did. We have a Sherman Williams about 3 miles away. I can see if I can a pic of inside the hood or a door jamb where the paint isn't faded or sanded off.

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
Here's the toolbox update. Got it reworked and painted. Just need to replace the locks and she'll be all finished!
You must be registered for see images

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
I won't be doing the red again, just the main color. I'd imagine I could so the same with the paint then if that's what you did. We have a Sherman Williams about 3 miles away. I can see if I can a pic of inside the hood or a door jamb where the paint isn't faded or sanded off.
Here's the paint code I used.

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
NOW, the truck??? Looks good!!
Thanks! My plan for now is to repaint the red and to leave the tan in its patina. Maybe clear over it.

Also, here's some interior shots I never posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zippo854