How to install inner window felts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
So I am having a hell of a time installing the inner window felts on my truck. Is there a tool or something I need, or am I just missing something stupid? I just cant seem to get everything to come together correctly. Some help would be very much appreciated!

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
The metal clips should just click into the door panel or door depending on the side. It's much easier said than done, I struggled with mine for a while, and still managed to break a clip or two and get part of the seal stuck under the door panel instead of over lapping it.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Well I'll give it a try. Seems like they could have made this part a little easier, yes? I was just hoping there was a trick to doing this quick, oh well.

Mattchu60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
are you talking about the felt that runs in the window channel? I too my wing windows off when I replaced mine, makes it a lot easier. Otherwise I think that there are some good youtube vids on how to do the whole install.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Yea I'm talking about the felt that sits at the top of the door panel and seals the inside of the window. I'll take a look at the u-tubes. Thanks.

Mattchu60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Oh ok - that felt that attaches to teh plastic door panel - I took my door panel off - make sure you have the new clips even accross the top where they all seat in, then shove them down into place. Need to work from one side to the other.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Yea I just watched a video on it... I thought the inners were supposed to clip to both the door panel AND the door. I guess they ONLY clip to the door panel... I'm an idiot. I just hope I didnt screw up the door panel by doing it wrong.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Yep... That was easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics