How do I tell if my truck has AC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Perhaps this will help.

We do know it's an 010 block. But that doesn't mean a lot.

Attachments

• user1037_pic1441_1325346546.jpg
    user1037_pic1441_1325346546.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 105

81GMCSierra

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 2500
Engine Size
SUCCESS!

there were 2 numbers on the spot indicated on the previous picture by Retro

V0201TYY
C7Z156801

Hope this is it!

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
SUCCESS!

there were 2 numbers on the spot indicated on the previous picture by Retro

V0201TYY
C7Z156801

Hope this is it!

TYY 1975 350 conv.cab L LS9 165 4 C-10 to 2500

81GMCSierra

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 2500
Engine Size
:party36:

You have a 165hp 350 from a 1977 C10.

Well I'll be. So basically should I be searching for that model when ordering parts for engine stuff?

Thanks to everyone for all your help. That was really fun, I think I am going to enjoy fixing this truck up.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Well I'll be. So basically should I be searching for that model when ordering parts for engine stuff?

Thanks to everyone for all your help. That was really fun, I think I am going to enjoy fixing this truck up.

I would. And that's what we're here for. :cheers:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Being a first a early sbc you can pretty much order anything for it from so many various years not just a single year.

81GMCSierra

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 2500
Engine Size
:party36:

You have a 165hp 350 from a 1977 C10.

Whats the word on these engines? Any good? Is it an upgrade or downgrade from the inline 6 that was in it before (4.8L).

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I understand some of this but what does "conv.cab L LS9" mean?

conv.cab = regular cab

LS9 = Regular Production Option code for the 350 engine

You'll eat all this up once you get to digging more. :D

THey are very good engines. Tough and reliable.

The 292 had a lot more torque.

81GMCSierra

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 2500
Engine Size
conv.cab = regular cab

LS9 = Regular Production Option code for the 350 engine

You'll eat all this up once you get to digging more. :D

THey are very good engines. Tough and reliable.

The 292 had a lot more torque.

Thanks.

Well I wont be using this truck for much more than looking cool in so I guess I wont miss the extra torque.

Any tips for scrap yard hunting? I am making my first trip this weekend. Mostly to find interior stuff to refurbish.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Grab all the un cracked dash pads you can find. And please, please don't cut your dash up to install a CD player if it hasn't already been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Any tips for scrap yard hunting? I am making my first trip this weekend. Mostly to find interior stuff to refurbish.

Keep your eye out for a good solid headliner shell. Don't worry about the fabric condition of the fabric, concentrate on finding an intact fiberglass shell (between the fabric and steel ceiling). Also if you see a complete plastic interior trim package grab it. The salvage yards don't charge much for them and it can be really difficult to get all the pieces in the same color. They can be painted but the results vary. A complete cab interior consists of:

The headliner support pieces (4) metal strips that border the bottom of the headliner

The A pillar covers (2) plastic pieces that run diagonally down along the edges of the windshield to the dash

The B pillar trim (2) vertical plastic pieces that are in the rear corners of the cab - they run from just below the top of the seat up to the headliner supports. Get the coat hook that mounts on the passenger side B pillar trim.

Under the dash to the left and right are (2) kick panels. These can be hard to pull because of rusted screws. Also take the inlet air dampers (or A/C recirc damper if so equipped)

Between the kick panels and the A pillars are a couple of weird looking pieces - the top looks like a goose. They are called inner post covers I think.

That is a complete interior - not including dash or door trim. Dash and door stuff in good to excellent shape is rare. At least where I come from.

Always check the dash of every truck you peek into. You are looking for dashes with the original quartz clock in the lower LH corner and (this is the holy grail of junkyard dash boards) a dash that has a factory tachometer. It will be in the large round inset on the RH side. It takes the place of the gas gauge. On a truck with a factory tach the gas gauge is the size of the oil pressure, coolant temp, and volt meter - it is located where the clock would be.

Horn buttons - The upper trim group - YE9 - had a special horn button. It had a clear Lucite face and was longer in the vertical plane. This:

You must be registered for see images attach

Don't even worry about the steering wheel but grab the button.

Look for good clean steering column attachments. It is getting harder to find gear shift levers that don't have that light coating of rust. And the stalk for the MFS (multi function switch i.e. directionals, high/low beam switch, cruise control) look for one that has no flakes/bubbles in the plastic chrome finish.

Look for a nice white dome light lens (they tend to get yellow with age) also a dome light base with good clean plastic chrome.

A pair of sunvisors that are not cracked and most important ones that don't slip down in your face. IOW that stay in the up position when you push them there. Some YE9 trucks have a mirror on the backside of the passengers visor - nice touch.

I'm done. When you have gathered all of that stuff come back and someone will give you another list.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Lol. The tilt column I got yesterday has that horn button on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don