Help with carb and choke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My new to me 78 K20 is hard to start. It takes several gas pumps before it finally will start. PO said there is a manual choke cable but it's not hooked up. Sure enough it's not. Can you experts take a look at my pics and guide me on what I need to do to get it working correctly? Look a like none of the flaps move at all. I can manually move them while the engine is running and make the engine happy or sputter out. But none of them move when you hit the gas and obviously nothing moves with the choke cable because it's just hanging in the engine compartment.
You must be registered for see images attach

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's an electric choke. It needs a 12 volts, when key is on. Loosen the 3 flat head screws, and turn to adjust for desired choke opening.

davidfite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's an electric choke. It needs a 12 volts, when key is on. Loosen the 3 flat head screws, and turn to adjust for desired choke opening.

Where should the 12v be coming from and where does it plug into the carb? I know next to nothing about carbs.

davidfite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I did a quick google and it looks like I'm missing a linkage between the 2 parts on the passenger side too? Can I buy just that piece?

Fastereddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You're missing a few pieces of linkage. Your choke flap rod and the choke pulloff rod are missing. I also see a hot air coil on the manifold. Got a hodge podge goin there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64