Help identifying this part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chubsworth

Reaction score
First Name
Theo
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Can anyone help me identify and find this part for a 305 TBI? It's the hose/tube that sends filtered air from the air cleaner riser into the top of the driver's side valve cover. It's the one at left in the picture. The hard plastic elbow broke. I've also considered just putting a small breather in the valve cover hole but I can't seem to find one small enough. The hole seems to be about 1/2 inch. Any help with the tube or a breather that will fit is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20170424_182614.jpg
    IMG_20170424_182614.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 749

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Try searching for GM part 14102133:

You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.newgmparts.com/oem-parts/gm-crankcase-tube-14102133

$10.95

Or maybe 14101104:

http://www.corvettepacifica.com/products/16280/tube-vent-crankcase-air-cleaner-to-valve-cover-76-80/

IDK - your call.

14102133 looks right, but isn't listed as used with a 1985 5.0 TBI:

14101104 looks wrong and connects to the RH side VC but is used with a 5.0/TBI:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Can anyone help me identify and find this part for a 305 TBI? It's the hose/tube that sends filtered air from the air cleaner riser into the top of the driver's side valve cover. It's the one at left in the picture. The hard plastic elbow broke. I've also considered just putting a small breather in the valve cover hole but I can't seem to find one small enough. The hole seems to be about 1/2 inch. Any help with the tube or a breather that will fit is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I've looked around, but I didn't see anything. No worries. They do sell mini crankcase breathers, but I think the reason that it looks like a universal parts store one won't fit is because that's the the side the PCV valve was on, and that's the grommet for it. Is your PCV valve on the other side? If you don't have one, I'd get one, put it in that side, and route the vacuum line per the emissions sticker. I can't remember if the other side has a grommet, but I don't think it does. You can get a crankcase filter with a fat tube and stick it in that side no problem if that's the case. If there are grommets on both sides, you'll have to remove one to stick a regular crankcase breather filter tube in the hole. Ahh, Jerry got ya fixed up.

chubsworth

Reaction score
First Name
Theo
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks guys! This is exactly the help I needed. It's part 14102133. The PCV valve is on the other side. I also realized from looking at the schematic that there's a grommet there. After all the crud that had built up I thought I was looking at the actual valve cover hole. With the grommet out I can put in a more easily available breather. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes