heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiplash77

Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado swb
Engine Size
supercharged 5.7
I am looking into the dart iron eagle 23degree heads with 215cc intake runners 68cc chambers and 2.050 intake valves to get it to breathe a little better with my supercharger my goal is to get away from the old 72cc 487 double hump they have been previously worked up with titanium valves some porting exc. they flow ok but it falls on its face at high rpm. I am scouring info to come to a decision on head choice and need some insight from someone who has used a 23degree head I know the runners are raised .200 and there is a few intake gasket issues but will a old style intake pattern work or will I need to modify my 142 lower intake bolt pattern? hopefully to increase flow with the big runners, gain rpm and bump up compression a few points roughly and squeeze out some more h.p. and torque buy switching over to a high performance head for street race application they do offer many different stock type heads for performance gains but there is a company that are selling the specific dart 23degree heads for dirt cheap new until inventory is gone and I am wondering it would be worth the trouble to adapt or if anyone has knowledge on a 23dg head thanks

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I just want to mention you probably shouldn't be looking for more compression... that's your supercharger's job. Flow, yeah for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigcreek