Having issues with heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dyl0116

Reaction score
First Name
Dyllenn
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't understand the vacuum lines underneath the dash. I pulled them off and neither of them are doing anything.. The blower motor turns on and makes a loud noise.. then warms up.. I have 0 air blowing through the vents. Changed heater core.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
The hoses should be colored. I don;t know if the setup varies over the years but here is mine:

- Orange/Black hose to right side kick panel servo.
- Tan/Black hose to servo behind housing, top port.
- Blue/Black hose to servo behind housing, bottom port.

I don't know the color of the last hose that goes on the servo to the right of the go pedal, but it should be the last one hanging out of all these.

Reference pics:

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4809

Dyl0116

Reaction score
First Name
Dyllenn
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I will tear the truck apart again tomorrow, Riding around in cold temps with windows fogging up not safe.. Im pretty sure there all black hoses. I will take some pics tomorrow

Dyl0116

Reaction score
First Name
Dyllenn
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Also my truck has a edlebrock intake and a holly carb. Intake has no vacuum outs and carb only has 1... The one vacuum is being used for the transmission module.. Does something need to be connected to the control unit of the heater?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkreetKilla