Ground Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wingman50

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L
Tried to start my truck a while back and nothing. Turned out to be a bad ground. As I was trouble shooting the no start issue found the ground from the passenger side head to the cap dangling. Looked like the previous owner did not secure it to the head. Purchased several ground straps and have so far grounded the passenger side head to the body, drivers side head to the frame, frame to radiator core support. Serpentine bracket to the frame and rear bed to the frame. My backup lights started working after grounding the bed to the frame which makes sense but was a surprise. Checked the gas tank fillers to the frame with an ohm meter and both were good.

If anyone has suggestions on additional grounding points it would be appreciated.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Tried to start my truck a while back and nothing. Turned out to be a bad ground. As I was trouble shooting the no start issue found the ground from the passenger side head to the cap dangling. Looked like the previous owner did not secure it to the head. Purchased several ground straps and have so far grounded the passenger side head to the body, drivers side head to the frame, frame to radiator core support. Serpentine bracket to the frame and rear bed to the frame. My backup lights started working after grounding the bed to the frame which makes sense but was a surprise. Checked the gas tank fillers to the frame with an ohm meter and both were good.

If anyone has suggestions on additional grounding points it would be appreciated.

Sounds like you covered it real well.

Red Rex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 1500 4 WD shortbed
Engine Size
Check the grounding block under the dash behind the left side a/c vent

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Ive slowly been losing electrical items in my truck and ive been thinking of adding more grounds, thanks for this right up as i was curious of where to ground to...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli