good brand for powerfull windows motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size
today i replaced the weather stripping and window's channel on my truck, but unfortunatly it doesn't help the windows to works better.

it goes up very slow and stop 10 cm before the top, the motor which looks new seems lazy.

Do you know a good brand of powerfull windows motor that can push up

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

i replaced the windows switch, on the old one 2 wires were unpluged (a black and a blue/white)

the old switch

You must be registered for see images

the new one

but when i plug the 2 missing wires, i tried the 2 possibilities and each time the fuse died whereas the switch on the right door works well.

are my wires not connected correctly ?

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size
after some research, i think there is a missing plug on my harness

i should have something like that behind my switch (the one the bottom left)

Last edited:

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size
thanks,

i repluged the wire as they should, and the fuse still dies when i action the switch, well thats for the passenger windows not a real problem the moment.

i was wondering if a system for automic closing, i mean that the window goes to the top without staying with the finger on the switch exists for the C/K ?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size
thanks, i'll see this later.

actualy,i have the 2 windows "slowly" working,and that 's enough, when i 'll do the fall guy conversion, i'll remove the can and all the wiring and then fix every electrical problem at this time.

i keep your troubleshooting charts in good place.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Not sure of the year/make and model for your truck but we carry a decent selection of window motors.

Tony

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
i was wondering if a system for automic closing, i mean that the window goes to the top without staying with the finger on the switch exists for the C/K ?

Not with an OEM system. Other than the circuit breaker, there is no feedback or any type of limit switch for raising and lowering windows. It will keep trying to drive up or down as long as you toggle the switch - let your finger off and it will stop.

In my experience the windows don't move slowly because of a weak regulator motor. Motor function does not taper off over time - they either are good or broken. Replacing the weatherstripping and channel run also rarely helps.

The primary cause of sluggish window up and down speed is due to excessive play in the nylon rollers at the ends of the regulator lift arms. Two of these rollers ride back and forth within the sash channel and another slides in the regulator rail. When they get too sloppy, they have a tendency to get cocked. So, instead of rolling smoothly along inside the rails, they just jam sideways and operation slows.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 4g.jpg
    4g.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 197

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Not with an OEM system. Other than the circuit breaker, there is no feedback or any type of limit switch for raising and lowering windows. It will keep trying to drive up or down as long as you toggle the switch - let your finger off and it will stop.

In my experience the windows don't move slowly because of a weak regulator motor. Motor function does not taper off over time - they either are good or broken. Replacing the weatherstripping and channel run also rarely helps.

The primary cause of sluggish window up and down speed is due to excessive play in the nylon rollers at the ends of the regulator lift arms. Two of these rollers ride back and forth within the sash channel and another slides in the regulator rail. When they get too sloppy, they have a tendency to get cocked. So, instead of rolling smoothly along inside the rails, they just jam sideways and operation slows.

I thought the auto up or down was controlled by resistance sensitive switch?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Sorry, I didn't even know that auto up/down windows were available on a 1987 truck.

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size

1ATony as i told you by private message when i was loocking for the weather stripping, the shipping cost asked by your billing/shipping company makes the price double, i know it is not your fault, but i can't afford that and others comapny are cheaper on the shipping and does not ask inevitably for duty tax, most of the time with usps i never pay import tax.
sorry no to do business with you.

my regulator of the left door is new as you can sight in the top and bottom right of the left square corner hole.

my weather stripping was disintegrated, there is still an improvement with the new one, but i think is not quick enought mainly at the top end, i also put wd40 in the rail to see if it does improve somthing ans yes it does, i know it'll not last long.

sc2665

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Instead of WD40 get some silicone spray lubricant.

Where did you get those connectors for the stock switches?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06