Glove box lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
EVERYONE QUIET!!! Its official. The nays were wrong, I have the receipts. Although this is for Australian right hand drive, its technically true that squares came with locking gloveboxes. STANDARD! in australia! In 1978.
You must be registered for see images attach

also look at this, wet paper filter:

Imagine how weird that would be having the headlight high beam switch by the hump..

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I imagine if I had a picture of the original owner at the dealership picking up the truck in 1981, with his grandmother standing next to him holding up a newspaper from that day, all while sticking the round key into the glove box lock, someone would tell me that it ain't original. Man, that's not what I expected when I asked the original question, but I am highly entertained. @AuroraGirl That is some solid detective work right there. I will be calling you as my first witness when this case goes to trial :D

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I imagine if I had a picture of the original owner at the dealership picking up the truck in 1981, with his grandmother standing next to him holding up a newspaper from that day, all while sticking the round key into the glove box lock, someone would tell me that it ain't original. Man, that's not what I expected when I asked the original question, but I am highly entertained. @AuroraGirl That is some solid detective work right there. I will be calling you as my first witness when this case goes to trial :D
the best way to win against the DA is to perjure trap his witnesses since they usually rely on lies/omissions/testilying of the officers. Because you have a few options, if he KNOWS the witness is going to lie on the stand, and you know he knows you know because your lawyer does a good job rooting this out, then he would be committing a felony himself by suborning perjury.

Then if he does do it, obviously due process concerns and all that... plus if it were to be won in his favor based on these lies then you have an easy slam dunk appeal
Sadly the courts dont use the remedy of dismissal/sanctions against the state/exclusion of evidence nearly enough for these things...

If you meant court like lawsuit.
oh.

Alan shore is who you need.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Okay Taylor,
Still no proof that a 1981 would have a glove box lock. We aren't in Australia
i didnt say it was proof an american square in 1981 had the lock

I was responding to this because when I saw the thread I wanted to see if i could find examples. Which I did. I didnt bother to keep looking, but 1981 brochure for GMC and Chevy, id imagine if its there it would only be on the higher trims!!

rwjtexas

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
My two cents ... If you are discussing a truck, I cannot advise what came with locking or not locking gloveboxes.

My 85 Blazer (Im the original owner) the Console between the seats locked and the glovebox did not lock.

I did however, locate an unkeyed cylinder to install and have keyed to match the Door and Center Console so that I could lock my glovebox.

When I spoke to the Lock technican about installing the clyinders into the receivers, he advised me to make sure the receivers were in the locked Position before inserting the cylinder into the receiver. This way you would use the key to just turn and it would be unlocked and ready to be used.

In looking at your picture, is the glovebox installed in the dash ?
You should be able to remove the cylinder again my using a pick on the open side of the receiver near the glove box and depressing the internal pins that hold the cylinder in place.

If you have troubles, take the whole thing down to a quality locksmith and have them remove and reinstall.

It sounds like you are "180 Degrees" out of balance so to speak.

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Got it back from the locksmith. The door key I was trying to use was correct, but due to the wear it wouldn't work on the FACTORY ORIGINAL glove box lock. He made a new key using the lock cylinder, bam back in business. On to the next 534 things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
92 X-Ray