Gilmer Belt Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ditzr

Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Hey all, Happy New Year..

I have a quick question.. I have been in the process of gathering parts as i find them at good prices, in preparation for when i start the assembly of my 75 GMC C15 Long Box.

In the past I had built a 66' Mercury Comet 2dr Hdtp with a 302/HO and T5 manual trans.. a lot of fun.... but my passion has always been for the squares. to be different with the Merc, i installed a serpentine belt system that was awesome to look at and trouble free... i want to do something different with this build.. i think i want to install a Gilmer belt kit.

the kits that i have seen all support the crank, water pump and alternator, but it is not clear whether they will support power steering.. some kits specificaly state they do not, but i would like to find a bolt on kit that will..

do any of you have experience with these kits and could you recommend a manufacturer for such a kit??

thank you

rod

Last edited:

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
This is one of their sets I installed on my engine.

You must be registered for see images attach

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I believe he's looking for a Gilmer belt kit not Serpentine.. IIRC you have to do the PS separately, or just make up your own???

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I believe he's looking for a Gilmer belt kit not Serpentine.. IIRC you have to do the PS separately, or just make up your own???
I was referring to the last paragraph of his post.

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
My bad. Your are right. What's a Gilmer belt?

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I found some. Yeah I like that belt too.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I was referring to the last paragraph of his post.
Yeah, and he's referring to Gilmer kits, all you see is water pump and alternator no PS included, would have to use a second belt..

ditzr

Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
thank you for all of your input.. some of the kits have an extra groove on the crank pulley, which might be capable of running the PS off of... well, i have lots of time, so i thought i would throw it out there..

i had also heard that the gilmer belts make an awesome sound..

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
thank you for all of your input.. some of the kits have an extra groove on the crank pulley, which might be capable of running the PS off of... well, i have lots of time, so i thought i would throw it out there..

i had also heard that the gilmer belts make an awesome sound..
Since they are a cog type belt air gets trapped in the groove of the pulley as the belt enters the groove, the sound is the air being squeezed out by the belt, if you listen to an engine with a blower you can hear a whine when revved up, people think it's the blower whining but it's the belt, some don't like the whine and drill small holes in the pulley to let air escape

ditzr

Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
thx for the explanation.. makes sense...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns