Gen III swap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Louisianagmfs

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a new project and Im having trouble deciding on what to do, its between a square body with a gen III or a foxbody. Has anyone on here done a gen III swap, I know its been done just wanting some opinions from guys who have completed the swap. What kind of cost is involved in the swap itself, im not too worried about the cost of a motor?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
When you say Foxbody, do you mean 79 to 93 stangs? Done carb to EFI conversions on those.
As far as a Gen III swap into our narrow frames?
Well, from what I can remember, you will need 2001-ish exhaust manifolds, I also think the 98-2000 F-body manifolds will clear the frame.
Street and performance has the motor mount plates to adapt the new style mounts, to the mounting points on the frame. Other than that,just wiring.
Not sure about the trans cross member, but thats a trivial hurdle to overcome.
You may also want to check the fuel system on the donor veh. engine. Some of them have a returnless high pressure fuel system, with the Fuel Pressure Regulator in the tank, whitch would require the use of that tank, or, you can get a set of fuel rails from an earlier LS? engine, with the return line provision.
Oh yeah, and electric fans.

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go on youtube and search for this title:

1969 Chevy C10 Stepside "Copperhead" Walkaround and Test Drive

He don't really get on it or anything(& I know this isn't a square body) but once I saw how nice that install went I wanted to do it myself! Clean truck!

-John

Louisianagmfs

Reaction score
i think im leaning towards a late 80s notchback now, thanks for all the links. that truck mbp posted should be sweet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70meyers