Fuel tank Selector Switch issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
on the 82 hit the switch no solenoid noise that its switching from LH to RH tank but the fuel gauge pegs out.

I'm going to guess time to get nasty and drop tanks and look at the solenoid that makes the swap

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
The solenoid is on the passenger side frame rail under the cab. Don't have drop the tanks for the valve.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
I may yank the whole bed off anyhow to abate rust and have rhino liner sprayed in and under it. but good to know, sadly i broke the bezel off the switch and have to order a new one, or i could just glue the thing back on.

Either way Murhphy wins out it will be the more expensive part in most cases.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Yeah, my switch broke as I was removing it from the dash. 28 year old plastic gets brittle.

My pass side tank has a leak so I haven't worried about replacing the switch. My truck sits so much that I don't even fill up one tank since I don't want the gas to go bad.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
This one sets, lately I've just been once a week starting it up taking it about 3 miles up the road turning around in a friends drive and coming back letting it warm up. just to keep the fluids turned over.

Plan is to alternate lh to rh tank like it we used to... or when i was in Highschool would fill both on payday and run till next payday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06