Fuel injection conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martingmc86

Reaction score
First Name
martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra 1500
Engine Size
v8 5.0

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I was looking into this one since you mention in it it’s interesting since it can connect to the tps the mixture control solenoid but what about the esc
I don't know anything about swapping to efi, my old vehicles are still carbureted. What I found interesting is that the throttle body kit on JEGS shows the E.O number and is compliant in CA. But the same throttle body kit that includes the fuel pump kit is not compliant. Hence, LAME!

But, the same kits on the Holley website are both 50 state legal and say they are CARB compliant.

Hopefully the other members with knowledge of these systems can answer your questions.

If you don't have the FITECH unit yet, your options are more open and you can also ask the tech services, as they will know what works and what does not work with their respective kits.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I don’t need it to be smog complaint I want to know if the TPS needs to be spliced in to the fintech and the ESC still need to be connected thank you guys for your help
The 305 is notorious for being super sensitive to detonation when the ESC is not functioning properly and also being a total dog if you retard the timing enough to not detonate without it. You need to see if the FiTech documentation actually tells you what the spec is on the TPS. If it doesn't you can call their tech support and ask. Stock GM TPS will read 0.5v at idle and ~4.5v at full throttle. You can always just measure the signal on the FiTech and see if it matches the stock output. If it does, then splice it in so the ESC continues to function like it should. If not, then you are SOL.

86Blueberry454

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just swapped a Holley Sniper system on my 86 C10 with a 454 last year, this was formerly a carbed 305 truck. I don't believe the FiTech is much different in the aspect it will control all the same things as the Holley depending on how you decide to wire it and the parameters you chose in their handheld. These Throttle bodies have built in TPS so you wont use any of the electronics from the carb. The FiTech should have instructions available to read before purchase (summit racing) to give you an idea how to adjust the TPS as well, which is probably as simple as turning a screw and turning the ignition off and back on to reset it to 0. I found it easiest to eliminate all the factory sensors and majority of the engine wiring harness. You could also swap distributors to a FiTech one and make it more plug and play if FiTech cant direct you what to do with that connection on the oem distrubutor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli