Fuel Hose: Bulk off-the-shelf vs Fuel Injection Rated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
....... If they are idiots (likely) ......

Yep can almost expect that. I went in once to get some hose for my coolant overflow bottle, and the person behind the counter said they don't make that anymore. I said, "Yes they do because every vehicle on the road has coolant overflow, and this is the type of hose (as I waved the very hose from my vehicle) used. You have rolls of it." She got the deer in the headlights look so I walked out.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What I'm finding with the people behind the counters these days is that its all young twenty or younger kids who have really only ever worked on their honda civics and nothing else.

You walk into any auto parts store where I live and say you need something for a carburated truck and you might as well not even bother. I showed the manager of one store that dorma DID carry the stud kit for my waterpump even though he couldn't find it.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Neither do fuel hoses. How a hose is terminated has nothing to do with its ability to withstand power steering fluid, ATF, or gasoline/ethanol.

Look under your hood and tell me if your return line uses a crimped hose ?

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Bringing this one back to life as an FYI to anyone working on their fuel system. You don't want a leaky line!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda