Front Rear Shackle Frame Bushing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've been trying to track down what bushing is used in this area. Perhaps someone who has a 73-80 or whatever years 4x4 that has replaced these could let me know what one you used.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
You are talking the front leaf spring upper shackle bushing?

I replaced mine when I bought the HD front shackles from ORD:

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/hdshackles.htm

I don't see the bushings by themselves, but could probably sell you some if you called.

picture.php

I added them when I was stock height. Then broke some front end parts and put on some lift springs later.

Last edited:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah its that bushing. I checked the LMC catalog and it appears its the same bushing as the leaf spring. I have a set of leaf springs with poly bushings in it that I'm going to test and will report back.

There doesn't seem to be any information on this.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
it is the same as the spring bushing, for factory springs. most lift springs use a larger bushing. the ORD ones use a 1/2" bolt, factory is a 7/16" bolt. highdesertranger

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
it is the same as the spring bushing, for factory springs. most lift springs use a larger bushing. the ORD ones use a 1/2" bolt, factory is a 7/16" bolt. highdesertranger

Perfect thanks. I have pro comp springs on the front of the truck but it uses the stock bolt size.

I'm just going to replace them with poly bushings as well.

I get a lot of crazy spring twist in the back of the springs now that I've adjusted my steering box. If I turn the steering just slightly left or right it will lift up the entire frame.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Or you mean front shackle bushing?

It depends on what springs you are using and yes they will sell you a bushing for a stock and most after market front springs.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Or you mean front shackle bushing?

It depends on what springs you are using and yes they will sell you a bushing for a stock and most after market front springs.

Yes front shackle hangar .. This doo dad.. The one on the left is the ORD replacement but I'm looking at the one on the right.

But as reported it uses the same bushing that is found in the leaf spring and since I have those other springs still I can pull the polys from that and test.

And to be honest it really doesn't look like it would be that hard to fabricate the one for the 1/2" instead and cost FAR less than a few hundred dollars.

You must be registered for see images

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yes front shackle hangar .. This doo dad.. The one on the left is the ORD replacement but I'm looking at the one on the right.

But as reported it uses the same bushing that is found in the leaf spring and since I have those other springs still I can pull the polys from that and test.

And to be honest it really doesn't look like it would be that hard to fabricate the one for the 1/2" instead and cost FAR less than a few hundred dollars.

You must be registered for see images

Actually the front bushing is not the same as the rear frame bushing. The bushing itself is designed differently and the inner diameter for the bushing pin is smaller for the rear frame bushing.

Energysuspension has both of those bushings on the page I linked to, and they are different part#s

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Oh yes if you use the upgraded ORD rear frame bushing hanger then yes you may be able to use the same front bushing for after market springs depending on what those are as they are not all the same.

As far as the stock hangers LMC used to sell them but I think its a case of needing to pull them yourself off a junked frame if you need those.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't quite know if I'm being completely vague or if people are misunderstanding me. I need to replace the black bushing in the picture on the bottom right.

I took a look at the energy suspension site that you linked but I don't see anything that refers to the part I need.

This is for the REAR hangar for the FRONT leafs where the shackle attaches at the frame NOT the leaf. Does nobody replace this bushing? LOL. The front of the leaf attaches directly to the frame and does not use a shackle.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I don't quite know if I'm being completely vague or if people are misunderstanding me. I need to replace the black bushing in the picture on the bottom right.

I took a look at the energy suspension site that you linked but I don't see anything that refers to the part I need.

This is for the REAR hangar for the FRONT leafs where the shackle attaches at the frame NOT the leaf. Does nobody replace this bushing? LOL. The front of the leaf attaches directly to the frame and does not use a shackle.

Yes it is its part# 7801 on that page and the part# for Summit that I have in my hand is 3.2111G (GM 4 X FRT SPRG BUSH)

FORGET THAT!!!! ITS THE WRONG BUSHING one sec......

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
No its the right one :)