Front lighting harness for 83-87 V22 RPO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davetyp

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Converting an 83 K20 from two headlights to four headlights. Have the core support, bezels, buckets, and all the rest of the hardware from a donor truck. Also have the front lighting harness -- but it's in pretty sad shape. Cracked insulation and a few mangled connectors. Is there anywhere to get a new replacement front lighting harness for the V22 RPO code for the 83-87 year models? At least I think thats the right RPO for the quad headlights. Thanks! (Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum, but the Wanted forum says I don't have permission to post there. Weird.)

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Converting an 83 K20 from two headlights to four headlights. Have the core support, bezels, buckets, and all the rest of the hardware from a donor truck. Also have the front lighting harness -- but it's in pretty sad shape. Cracked insulation and a few mangled connectors. Is there anywhere to get a new replacement front lighting harness for the V22 RPO code for the 83-87 year models? At least I think thats the right RPO for the quad headlights. Thanks! (Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum, but the Wanted forum says I don't have permission to post there. Weird.)
yes. there are also places that sell the harnesses but with relays and wired more appropiately for brightness and taking the current away from the switch

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Go for a relay harness, I've put them in all my cars and trucks. Brighter headlights and less load on the old wiring and switches. You can diy this harness, it's easy and cheap. This is the setup in my k5 with painless relays.

Attachments

• plrelais.jpg
    plrelais.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 80

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You need a minimum of 50 posts to start a new thread in the classifieds. It's simply just to deter scammers.

Are you doing a 100% factory stock type restoration? If not, you can modify your original harness to work with the 4-headlight setup. It's a pretty easy job.

davetyp

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Go for a relay harness, I've put them in all my cars and trucks. Brighter headlights and less load on the old wiring and switches. You can diy this harness, it's easy and cheap. This is the setup in my k5 with painless relays.
Maybe I missed 'em, but LMC, USA1, etc don't have any for the 83 and later year models.

davetyp

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You need a minimum of 50 posts to start a new thread in the classifieds. It's simply just to deter scammers.

Are you doing a 100% factory stock type restoration? If not, you can modify your original harness to work with the 4-headlight setup. It's a pretty easy job.
Not even remotely stock. Yes, could read the schematic and mod the existing harness with new lamp sockets. Laziness says otherwise. :)

davetyp

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
yes. there are also places that sell the harnesses but with relays and wired more appropiately for brightness and taking the current away from the switch
Good idea, but will be using LED lamps, so current draw through the switch isn't as much of an issue -- I think. Wary of introducing more moving parts to the system, seems like more potential points of failure.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Not even remotely stock. Yes, could read the schematic and mod the existing harness with new lamp sockets. Laziness says otherwise. :)

That's the beauty of it, you only have to add 2 lamp sockets, the existing two will work just by repinning them. Think of it as being half the work you expected, lol.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350

davetyp

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's the beauty of it, you only have to add 2 lamp sockets, the existing two will work just by repinning them. Think of it as being half the work you expected, lol.
Good point, I remember reading about repinning the existing two sockets. You know what, that's the way I'm going to do it. Thanks for the encouragement!

davetyp

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Wow, thank you! That's... embarassing. Saw those before, but for some reason that is now unclear to me, thought they wouldn't work. Apparently that's why talking to other people is usually beneficial. Thanks again.

dlw3

Reaction score
First Name
dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2 diesel

dlw3

Reaction score
First Name
dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I got into an accident and damaged my core support I have a 82 rpo v-22 with the 4 headlights 2 on each side stacked…im looking for a new core support…I can’t find a oem one so I’m gonna go with the amd premium…I would get the one that is set up for dual headlights right? It’s just in pics the single and dual supports look the same …I was maybe figuring they use stock photos

Any pics of a dual core support would be appreciated or a part number..thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartantx117