First time clutch replacement.. any tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangOl'dodge

Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
4.3 tbi
so i have my 93 nv4500 ready to go in my 87 c10, 4.8 swap.. just dropped the 4l60E and pulled the flywheel off.

I've never replaced a clutch before i was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers, such as the correct mounting order of everything, places to grease, what to clean before starting, etc...

i have these parts new:
flywheel
flywheel bolts
clutch kit
slave/master cylinder
clutch fork
pivot ball

this transmission has removable bellhousing with external slave cylinder, and a metal plate that wedges between the bellhousing and engine block somewhere along the line. not really sure on the procedure

Thanks again

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
so i have my 93 nv4500 ready to go in my 87 c10, 4.8 swap.. just dropped the 4l60E and pulled the flywheel off.

I've never replaced a clutch before i was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers, such as the correct mounting order of everything, places to grease, what to clean before starting, etc...

i have these parts new:
flywheel
flywheel bolts
clutch kit
slave/master cylinder
clutch fork
pivot ball

this transmission has removable bellhousing with external slave cylinder, and a metal plate that wedges between the bellhousing and engine block somewhere along the line. not really sure on the procedure

Thanks again

I found some videos. However, I imagine you've seen these already. I wish I could offer more, but my knowledge is very basic on this topic.

[yt]tS4H4oImDhE[/yt]

[yt]SaWnu9d6Ezc[/yt]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag