Finally joined the club!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
Hi- new member from New Orleans Louisiana, name is Dustin.

Just purchased my first square, a '76 CCLB from a guy out of New Jersey. 454/4spd. Named her Sue. Those who are on Instagram feel free to follow our journey- #trucknamedsue and @thegr8dustino

Truck was sold as being an original survivor recently cleaned up, mechanically solid. Previous owner(super cool dude) sent tons of pics and videos. Flew up to NJ on a Friday with my buddy, bought the truck Saturday morning and drove it home to NOLA- total trek about 34hrs (~1300 miles) including several wrench sessions and a 4hr nap in Tn. Drove through literally rain, shine, sleet, snow and hail. Hell of a trip.

I knew from the vin decode the 454 isn't original, so the mileage claim is most probably bogus(the odometer matches the claim, prob bogus as well). Finally got it on a lift yesterday and upon scraping a bunch of road crud off, realized a ton of shoddy rust repair has been completed prior to the repaint. Also bondo'd up all the trim holes, better than than weld though- easier to strip out. I knew something was up with the 'trim package' or lack there of, but I'm no C10 expert. Good thing I got the truck for a good price:cheers:

In any event, the truck is mechanically solid, needing just a few tweaks here and there. Most of everything works, and it's a blast to drive. Has slight stumble here and there, but never dies.

So that's the story so far of Sue. She's a beast. Couple pics-

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Yes! Someone from where I live! Welcome! Love that truck, by the way. Looks like it held up very well in the North.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome: Love that truck!!! Want a 3+3 in a bad way.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site, clean truck..

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
Yes! Someone from where I live! Welcome! Love that truck, by the way. Looks like it held up very well in the North.

Thanks man. Are there any local c10 gatherings? Out in Texas there were tons, not sure about back here.

Pictures do it lots of justice. Rougher in person, but still not bad. I may be too picky, but really without the crap rust repair I found it wouldn't be bad at all.

:welcome: Love that truck!!! Want a 3+3 in a bad way.

Thanks! I looked for a while and settled on this one. Not perfect but good for now and will suit my plans perfectly!

Welcome to the site, clean truck..

Thanks!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Not that I know of, but I'll be on the look out and let you know. What I really want to do this year is Cruisin' the Coast in October. It takes place between Bay St. Louis/Waveland and Gulfport/Biloxi. I don't know if they have the schedule up for this year, but you should check it out if you can. I'm shooting to have my Jimmy all pretty by then so I can show it off in a large venue like that.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
yep- We try to make that one every year. It's a can't miss event for sure!

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard :boti:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Welcome. Reminds me of the '80 3+3 I had in the mid 90's. Great truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br562g