Factory Tach: Is it broken ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Got this factory tach cluster the other day. Not sure what it came out of but it has a 4wd light on the speedo I think, maybe its on the tach.

Anyway I noticed the tach needle is sitting at 1500 rpm and was wondering if its worth my time putting it into my truck cause Im wondering if it even works? Don't know maybe its supposed to sit like that with no power? It does move a little bit if I bounce it around so I don't think the needle is stuck.

You must be registered for see images attach

@chengny @HotRodPC @RetroC10Sport

Then I noticed the fuel gauge is pegged too. Is it broken ? LOL

Last edited:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
That's normal. The only way to know for sure is to put power to it and test it.

Mine always went to 1000-1500 RPMs when the truck was shut off but went back to 0 when the ignition was turned on.

The later tachs like that are usually working. I've come across one that didn't. They weren't put in many trucks because they were only officially in the books in 1980-81. After that they were special order. All had the 4x4 light, 2WDs didn't have a bulb in them.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That's normal. The only way to know for sure is to put power to it and test it.

Mine always went to 1000-1500 RPMs when the truck was shut off but went back to 0 when the ignition was turned on.

Oh ok great I figured that was the issue. Awesome! Thanks man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBSS GUY