Exhaust Manifold with O2 bung...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Pretty sure this would be the driver side manifold from a 87-91, with a small block. I am considering putting one on my truck so I can stick a wideband sensor into the stock port and do some tuning on my truck next spring. I am not ready to do headers and a new exhaust yet, otherwise I would just stick one in the collector/reducer.

So if you have some laying around you wouldn't mind letting go for cheap, let me know. Thanks in advance.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Did ANY exhaust manifolds have an O2 bung? My '89 sbc has the O2 sensor located after the Y-pipe, just before the cat.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
i know 87 has one in the drivers side manifold, you can buy a new dorman for under 100

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
My first thought was "never seen one." Then again I likely wasn't paying attention and certainly cannot place it now. I HAVE seen the bungs in head pipes though.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yea, I know I can one from RockAuto for about $80. But I am the epitome of cheap and was hoping someone had one they were tripping over and just wanted to get rid of for dirt cheap. I had originally thought about using the manifold from my Monte, but they go up instead of down from the ports like the trucks. The Monte has the sensor bung in the manifold.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Yea, I know I can one from RockAuto for about $80. But I am the epitome of cheap and was hoping someone had one they were tripping over and just wanted to get rid of for dirt cheap. I had originally thought about using the manifold from my Monte, but they go up instead of down from the ports like the trucks. The Monte has the sensor bung in the manifold.

I still have my stock manifolds from my '87 and yes the drivers side has the O2 bung on it. If you just need the drivers side I'll let it go it's just sitting in the garage, the pass side has a crack in the manifold.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks to @RangRayy, I will have one in my possession very soon!

I have had some people off the board question why I am doing this. My answer is two-fold. One, it gets me knowledge on how to tune both the distributor and carb utilizing both a vacuum gauge and an O2 sensor. Just more knowledge for the future. Second is to get this original engine running as best I can now. I want to upgrade it in the future, but it runs so reliably right now, I honestly don't want to start messing with stuff like the cam and heads. When the Monte is back together and running or if something goes wrong with it, then I will start the upgrades. But working on optimizing it stock now will help in the future with mods. And it will translate over to the Monte to, which I am removing the CCC system as we speak.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Anytime sir!!! Glad someone can get use out of it rather than the scrap yard. Should be there in the morning!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
:big_banana_Dance:

Lookit Rangrayy comim through. That's hot.

My Monte hasn't seen a manifolds in 20 years. I don't remember but it's good to know. :(
I am very interested in the results '79, when you start posting about them I'll be anxious to follow.

Attachments

• download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Lookit Rangrayy comim through. That's hot.

My Monte hasn't seen a manifolds in 20 years. I don't remember but it's good to know. :(
I am very interested in the results '79, when you start posting about them I'll be anxious to follow.

Yea, RangRayy is the man.
When the engine goes back in the Monte, LT headers will be going in with it.

You will need to wait for my tuning results. It won't be until next spring until I get the chance. I do plan on starting with a compression test and leak-down test to begin with, just to assess the general condition on it. Then I will get into using a vacuum gauge and wide-band to fine tune it. I would love to put it on a dyno just for ***** and giggles, but I don't know if it will be worth it money-wise.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I'm certain you will enjoy the bonding with your truck. I have an A/F and trans temp gauge in the Monte and it's funny....every time I actually WANT to see what it says while i'm driving? I'm going too fast to look long enough!

A long time ago, I bought CYBERDYNE digital from Jegs. It uses a one wire and it's in thebcollector. I don't know if CYBERDYNE still exists! It reminds me of the Terminator.

http://www.cyberdynegauges.net

Good luck '79, keep us posted. I will hurry up and wait. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64