Exhaust Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
If i hear a tick ill take them out and throw a little locktite on them to hold em in there, gonna leave them for now since they seem fine

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If i hear a tick ill take them out and throw a little locktite on them to hold em in there, gonna leave them for now since they seem fine

I don't know that I would do that. If you do you might not get them back out without breaking them off. I have manifold studs that don't have any locktite on them that are broke off and idk how im going to get them out.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I don't know that I would do that. If you do you might not get them back out without breaking them off. I have manifold studs that don't have any locktite on them that are broke off and idk how im going to get them out.

I always thought locktite didnt actually sieze up the block ,you could break it loose, just it wouldnt spin loose. When ive installed new reeds in some marine engines they actually say to use loctite in some cases to hold the screws in there so they dont spin out ,and its still easy to unscrew the screws

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Like i said, buy stage 8 locking fasteners and crushable aluminum gaskets and never touch it again.

Header/manifold bolts/studs are easy enough to break by themselves...locktite can only hurt

73n707

Reaction score
First Name
Robby
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe mix
Engine Size
Do you hear it at idle?

If so, start engine and use a long piece of rubber hose/tubing, probably 3/8" or bigger.

Hold one end to your ear, and move the other end around the headers where they attach to the block, and where the collector bolts up.

You will hear it loud and clear when the other end of the hose is at the magic leaky spot.
The rube is magic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64