Edelbrock clearance issues. (or go back to quadrajet)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan_289

Reaction score
First Name
RYAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Royal Sierra
Engine Size
Hi,
First post on the forum! The search function is not passing my work filters for some reason but I did try that first! This past weekend I purchased a 1978 GMC 3/4 ton Royal Sierra. I was checking the air filter when I got home and noticed that the PO had switched the quadrajet carb to an Edelbrock. The issue is that the stock air filter has a clearance issue with the fuel inlet causing it to sit above the carb a little on one side. Obviously I do not want to run it any more like this. Has anyone ran into this issue? Im thinking a banjo fitting on the carb or a carb spacer is the way to go.

The other option would be to go back to the quadrajet. I dont have the one that came on my truck but I do have an old quadrajet that came off of our old farm truck. 77 gmc with a 454. Will that carb work on a 350?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

I used a banjo fitting on mine no problem, if you just want to pace it up a piece of PVC pipe works great.

ryan_289

Reaction score
First Name
RYAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Royal Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

I used a banjo fitting on mine no problem, if you just want to pace it up a piece of PVC pipe works great.

Did you have any issue with clearance around the linkage? I would rather do this than space it up.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Did you have any issue with clearance around the linkage? I would rather do this than space it up.
I used two gaskets and everything cleared.

jetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Edelbrock fuel line placement is a problem w/ stock air filter housing. I modified air housing to obtain clearance.

ryan_289

Reaction score
First Name
RYAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I picked up a banjo fitting and a carb spacer kit. The banjo fitting still interferes with the filter housing so I used the 1" plastic spacer. Not real crazy about it but it should work for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man