Edelbrock 1405

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I bought a 20' roll from Summit but I think NAPA has it too. You have to avoid using barbed connectors, they can cut the liner and then the hose still rots. Sounds like you got the valves tuned right but could still have a sticking or bent valve. Compression test would tell for sure.

jjewett444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
when I adjusted the valves I also cleaned plug wires checked cap and plugs and since the plugs were out i did a compression test just to check being its a fresh rebuild with roughly 10-20k on it and everything looked fine. cant remember #'s but all were relatively same. what if I go 1/4 turn on the valves? would that be too loose?

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
That wont help a burnt, bent or sticking valve, or worn valve guides. It could also be head gasket if it happens at all rpms.

You must be registered for see images attach

jjewett444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
it seems to smooth out at higher rpm before vacuum drops. pretty sure head gasket is not the cause no coolant burning or oil at all and have compression. maybe its the valve guides since I never had ones installed when I had valves dressed on the stock 1997 vortec heads lol. I did adjust valves this morning to 1/4 turn and also realized when I pull pcv valve from grommet on valve cover with pcv still attached to carb it idles just a tad higher. not sure if its normal but also just seeing the oil vapors or whatever coming from the grommet hole it cant be good to suck the in the carb can it?

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Smoke/vapor from the vent is usually blowby, either rings or valve(s) or guide(s). Is it a lot or just a little like less than a cigarette smolder?

jjewett444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
its not pouring out like a diesel exhaust haha, but from both sides its pretty noticeable. when I had the valve covers off adjusting the valves it wasn't all the way warm but I couldn't tell at all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag