Diesel heater installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mibars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
That's how it looks in 2nd row without the heat pipe attached:
You must be registered for see images attach

And in "I'm definitely not sleeping in a trunk" mode: (there is a block of wood under the seat to avoid crushing of the pipe)

On the outside:

And a tank under the hood:

Fuel line from the tank goes down, together with metal brake lines, then routed on a frame away from exhaust with brake and fuel lines. Pump is mounted on a rubber isolator on a frame just behind the wheel arch.

A controller landed in a very corner of the trunk, between wheel arch and middle row seat. Power goes straight from the battery, wiring is routed along the frame rail and goes through body using a provision for transfer case wiring in a shifter "bucket".

My goal was to install it with minimum numbers of holes drilled, as stealth as possible and making sure that if needed it can be removed with ease. I gave it a test and it works geat! :) Just that pump ticking is bit annoying.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Excellent installation. Do you get any kind of diesel fumes from the fuel or combustion process?

mibars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
No diesel fumes, however there is a little bit of a smell, like burnt rubber on highest setting, it slowly went away after couple of hours of test run. I suspect a gasket that goes between body and bottom of the unit or some residues burning or vaporizing from manufacturing process.

Carbon Monoxide detector is not showing anything, that's good :)

Exhaust pipe is protruding outside edge of a door sill, I've adjusted it to protrude a bit more & gave it a shot of exhaust spray to make it less visible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes