Dashpad replacement options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramelectric05

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi everybody, my dashpad is looking terrible and I've been looking at all the different replacement/re-furb options. Have any of you guys done business with Cheyenne Pickup Parts in Oklahoma? They claim to manufacture their own dashpads in the USA and the prices are on par with all the other guys...just looking for some advice before I spend my hard earned money. Here is their website. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.cheyennepickup.com/&ved=0ahUKEwi_ioTGir_LAhVMRSYKHR3MCBsQFgh9MA8&usg=AFQjCNFJ2V_VqWvXGjZOkx096yFvHHY9CQ&sig2=gH4Nw4gEef195SAte7MhFQ

Mattchu60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I dont have any experience with Cheyennes dash. I did just this week put the Dashes Direct Vinyl dash in my truck (the good one, not the plastic one). It fits "OK", took a lot of trimming and manhandling to get it installed but i finally got it in. Looks pretty good, but the fit is not the same as factory, it took me about 4 hours of messing around to get mine looking right. I wonder if the guys that make them even try them to install these dashes themselves.

I'd still recommend the Dashes Direct one, but be ready to do some work to get it in.

xdnoics

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Mattchu60, I am with you on the Dashes Direct vinyl. A lot of fitting, but it finally looks good. Tip from my install, hot glue the defroster grill to the front edge of the dash on the drivers side (from the bottom). The dash (narrow part) tends to sag down along the front edge at the defroster. Don't get a Urethane Dash.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I had mine recovered for 150, it fit great lol.

toddmbower

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
OEM "Style" Dash install

MattChu any other tips for getting this install to look good. I've been jacking with mine for a while.

I already had to drill out the dash trim holes a little to make the Dash trim fit easier.

Now the HVAC internals on the passenger side keep interfering with the vent in the trim.

The middle of the dash doesn't seem to sit down flat.

The dash around the instrument bezel is certainly not fitting.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,

Todd Bower

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I see where the OER vinyl pad costs $306 + $19 shipping at Summit Racing.

Gotta wonder if all the vinyl pads come from the same factory, like many of the hard parts we buy. And if they all have the same installation and fit problems.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Who did the work? Do you have pictures?

I'm at work at the moment, I can get you some, but it just looks like a red dash lol. I just looked up Craigslist, found a local lady who does upholstery, and had her cover it in leather.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
I got one from Cheyenne and installed it last week. it looks better than the one I had but...its built on a plastic frame, not metal like the original and it takes a bit of trimming which they don't mention in the video. Last night I got good info watching Truck You on Velocity Channel! They redid a c20 interior with parts from www.brotherstrucks.com and the dash pad looked exactly like original with metal back plate. Only problem with them is they only offer it in black, but that's ok. Duplicolor vinyl spray works great. I will be buying one from them as Im working on two squares. And they are on sale today!

smpoulin1

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 - Silverado
Engine Size
I got one from Brothers, took a lot of trimming and the vents and bezel dont fit like the OEM dash. Looks a lot better tho.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I intend to purchase the combo dash cover and door panels from Coverlay.

Check em out!

coverlaymfg.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man