Dash Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EEEZNOW

Reaction score
First Name
D
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well I spent the weeking getting thses installed so here are a few pics. I used the stock speaker brackets for the dash and instead of mounting the speaker on top of the bracker like stock I mounted the underneath and used washers to space them down untill it cleared the dash pad. Behind the seat I carpeted the 6X9 brackets and installed them as would fit. These were a pain in the butt. And last the head unit. Everyone knows what's involved in this when going from the stock radio. The instal kit that came with it was great and the wiring harness worked perfect. Crutchfield is the way to go. It comes with everything needed for a clean install and it was free.

I would love to know what exactly you used for those 6x9s. I am trying boxes from everywhere.

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
When I put 6x9s behind my s10's seat, I just went to a car audio shop and for about 70 bucks they made me a pair of carpeted boxes that fit well and let me slide the seat back. They were thin and angled, like these:
You must be registered for see images

Could have made my own, but I wanted them quick. Worked very well.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good stuff

kuhnzoo

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for posting the pictures of the speakers installed in the dash. I've been searching everywhere for pics of installed dash speakers! Trying t0 see if I can fit 4" in those spots. If I can't, I'll probably mount them together in the center of the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76