dash pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The one on 73-87 looks nice I may just get it are they a reputable place to buy from

I have never had a problem with ordering from them.

My dash pad has a metal backing plate unlike the other ones I have seen with plastic and the crappy urethane backing. Metal is not as thick as OEM but is thick enough to help hold it's shape.

You can order it direct from the manufacture but it cost more.
https://dashesdirect.com/?wpsc-product=1981-1991-gmc-dash-pad-vinyl

You can also use their dealer locator and possibly find someone near you to place an order.

https://dashesdirect.com/?page_id=17

When I ordered mine they called me back and told me that they were creating a new mold for my year and it would be six or more weeks until the new mold was ready. I waited for the mold and in the mean time ordered one of the vinyl ones from Classic Parts. When the Classic Parts one arrived it had a plastic backing with the clips built in. It fit like crap so it's in the box sitting in my spare bedroom. I'll either sell the Classic Parts one at a loss or put it in my project Suburban. I also have a plastic cap that fits OK for the price.

My truck had a plastic cap on it when I got it and it was warping from the sun. Didn't crack just warped like crazy.

Last edited:

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I have never had a problem with ordering from them.

My dash pad has a metal backing plate unlike the other ones I have seen with plastic and the crappy urethane backing. Metal is not as thick as OEM but is thick enough to help hold it's shape.

You can order it direct from the manufacture but it cost more.
https://dashesdirect.com/?wpsc-product=1981-1991-gmc-dash-pad-vinyl

You can also use their dealer locator and possibly find someone near you to place an order.

https://dashesdirect.com/?page_id=17

When I ordered mine they called me back and told me that they were creating a new mold for my year and it would be six or more weeks until the new mold was ready. I waited for the mold and in the mean time ordered one of the vinyl ones from Classic Parts. When the Classic Parts one arrived it had a plastic backing with the clips built in. It fit like crap so it's in the box sitting in my spare bedroom. I'll either sell the Classic Parts one at a loss or put it in my project Suburban. I also have a plastic cap that fits OK for the price.

My truck had a plastic cap on it when I got it and it was warping from the sun. Didn't crack just warped like crazy.

I think I'm going to just go with the dashesdirect or 73-87 they are the same correct? I hate to buy the plastic cover I had one in my k5 it warped as well and don't want one with the plastic backing that looses it shape.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Do it and report back what you think, Korey! It would be nice to know if a place where you could count on getting a top quality dash pad :)

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I think I'm going to just go with the dashesdirect or 73-87 they are the same correct? I hate to buy the plastic cover I had one in my k5 it warped as well and don't want one with the plastic backing that looses it shape.

Yes the same pad, also check the dealer locator. Shipping should be less if you could find a vendor close to you.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I'll check out the dealer locater pretty sure I'm going to go this route will post a update when I get one may order it either this paycheck or next

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Let me know of the quality it wasn't for these trucks iirc it was the s10 junk

The outer seals installed well and fit good. They have fine felt on the glass side and decent rubber on the outside. I plan on treating them tomorrow. Honestly they should last pretty well. I bought a set of outers for the big truck I had forgot about, and all it has been through they are standing up well, untreated. A garage-kept truck they would last a lifetime. The only thing I didn't like, I couldn't get the back end to lay all the way down. I'll work on that tomorrow but honestly a hot day in the sun may make them lay down right.

Attachments

• 20150919_192245.jpg
    20150919_192245.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 89

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76