Cutting the dash in my 80gmc..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I really don't wan't to.. But.. Tape decks (good ones) are hard to find.. and shipping to Alberta from LMC is crazy for a price. Any ideas on something different?? Leave the deck there as a clock and hide something under the dash and use my iphone for music storage?? I'm open to ideas...

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks for the link....

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Score.. found a new tape deck for the ole girl.. 25 bucks.. will run two speakers.. Its all i need.. No cutting the dang dash.. Any of you in Canada looking I found it at PA.. cheap but it works.. All it needs to do is play some rock and roll and some county tunes while out sawing wood or chasing cattle.

Cowboy Cadillac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
By PA I'm assuming you mean Princess Auto...I might have to go for a look see to find one for my trucks.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Score of the decade.. I found a like new factory delco tape deck. today i found the plugs for the back of the deck.. I tested it out and it sounds amazing.. No cutting dash and it is all stock.. Now.. for the un stock part. I will be making some speaker mounts for the ends of the dash that my dash does not have. But it will take a little bit of work. I wish i had some 48 hour days for these jobs.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Score of the decade.. I found a like new factory delco tape deck. today i found the plugs for the back of the deck.. I tested it out and it sounds amazing.. No cutting dash and it is all stock.. Now.. for the un stock part. I will be making some speaker mounts for the ends of the dash that my dash does not have. But it will take a little bit of work. I wish i had some 48 hour days for these jobs.

Source of the plugs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ta1nt3d