Cowl hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
If LMC wants close to 200 bucks for shipping on a pair of spindles, i can imagine my cost to buy a cowl hood would be nearly double...

Anyone have success making their own cowl hood by modifying the existing one?
I was thinking of slicing a strip out on either sides of the center rib, lifting it and welding in sides to create a cowl...anyone try this?

If you live on the south side of Ontario you could find the nearest store or gas station at the US boarder like in Buffalo NY for example. Most of the 'last stop' shops will allow customers to have parcels sent there, then go across the line and bring it home. Many US parts suppliers do fee shipping... of course NOT into Canada but if you can get it to the northern boarder towns you will not only save big time on shipping (especially with heavy or large things like a hood) but also save on the overpriced brokerage fees.

Atomsplitter

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Have you considered a drop shipping service?
I used CBI in Niagara Falls a few years back and it cost me $5 to hold a package for a few days.
They can do everything from letters, boxes, pallets, up to cars/trucks for a reasonable price.
I just had to drive over the boarder, pick up the part and claim it on the way back.
Unfortunately you have to declare the full cost but that's usually a lot less then the shipping and duty.
Most boarder crossing have a service like these near by, you just have to find them.

https://www.cbiusa.com/

Last edited:

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
may look into other retailers for buying hoods.

i use keystone for lots of aftermarket parts. could check brother trucks or classic industries to see if they are any cheaper.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
74propu, did you have to use two hoods to get the length right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad